VI

🎶jism yeh kya hai, khokhli seepirooh da moti hai tu

rooh da moti hai tu..
garaz ho jitni teri
badle mein jindadi meri
mere saare bikhre suron se
geet piroti hai tu.. 🎶

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

It has been more than a fortnight since their lunch. Mayera and Arjun have been busy working on the renewal of The KaMa Group. The Oberois would be there next week, on Monday.

But in this busy schedule, they had a little moment of their own.

It happened when Mayera was trying to pull out some files from the top cabinet but thanks to her height, she wasn't succeeding in that. Arjun saw her giving her best, either standing on her tiptoes or taking small jumps to reach it.

A small smile graced his lips before he decided to help her. Standing behind her, he raised his hand to grab what she wanted. Her heartbeat stopped as soon as she felt his body heat behind her.

She carefully turned around and saw him standing close to her. So close. After taking the file, he looked down and realised their proximity.

Eyes clashed. Breath halted. Both their souls were feeling some foreign emotions. They didn't realise it but they had started to lean in. Arjun just wanted to wrap his arms around the breathtaking woman in front of her and never let go.

But before he could follow his desires, his phone rang and the beautiful moment was broken.

______________

It was Wednesday afternoon when Mayera received a video call from her brother.

"I'll be coming to Delhi on Friday." Was the first thing he said.

"Omg, Giraffe! That's only one day from now. We're gonna have so much fun." Mayera jumped up and down in excitement, while her brother shook his head on the other side of the iPad at his sister's behavior.

"Calm down, or else your whole office will hear you."

"The only person who works on this floor apart from me is Arjun Sir and he's out for a meeting, so no, no one will be hearing me." She smartly stated.

"Alright, Munchkin. I'll have to go now. I just called you to inform you about my arrival. Love you, byee."

"Love you too." Mayera cut the call and turned around, only to find Arjun standing at her cabin door. The smile on her face was taken over by shock and she hurriedly switched off her iPad.