⚊ xxxii. finding happiness.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎;
FINDING HAPPINESS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎;FINDING HAPPINESS

— REESE LOGAN KNEW THAT, at one point in her life, she must have been happy; before November fourth, when the world was a little house on Sunrise Street, wrapped up in her mother's warm embrace watching as her father and little siblings played

— REESE LOGAN KNEW THAT, at one point in her life, she must have been happy; before November fourth, when the world was a little house on Sunrise Street, wrapped up in her mother's warm embrace watching as her father and little siblings played. Reese thinks this might be the only memory of happiness that she has left — and it is nothing more than a fleeting, fading echo now. Muddled with months of curses, despair and a painful death, it's a wonder she held on to it for this long. But Reese had always been resilient, she was not one to easily break; despite everything life had put her through, she held on to her strength, held on to that sliver of happiness — in the hopes that one day she would find that feeling again. But after watching Annmarie and Taylor use their magic with such ease, Reese felt that resilience begin to slowly crumble. 

Reese laid on her floor, her legs curled up to her chest and her head still resting in Flynn's lap, and she felt a familiar sort of hollowness spread through her. It ate away at her, swallowing up any trace of joy she had felt when she first returned home. Her heart ached something fierce, like it was slowly being crushed in a tight fist. She didn't think she could take much more of this feeling before the void inside her completely swallowed her whole. Reese wished, for a moment, that she could go back in time — back to November fourth — when the flames had tore through her happy home, and convinced her past self to stay; to remain in the house with her mother and father. To be with them when the fire exploded through their chipping paint and childhood memories, taking her with them. Sure, she wouldn't be with Annmarie and Taylor, and she never would have gotten close to Elizabeth, but she also wouldn't have been damned to live a life like this. A life full of pain. A life she never wanted for herself.

Reese heaved out a heavy sigh that seemed to make the air in her room a little thicker, a little more pained, and pushed the thoughts like that out of her mind. Sure, she had suffered (possibly more than anyone else her age) but if she had stayed with her family, and perished with them, then Reese never would have freed her bloodline from over a century of being cursed; instead, she would have damned another to Morgana's clutches, and they might not have succeeded like she did. And if they failed then that might have meant certain death for other unsuspecting members of her family. So if it had to be anyone who had to endure this type of misery, Reese was glad that it was her.