⚊ xiv. new developments

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍;
NEW DEVELOPMENTS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍;NEW DEVELOPMENTS

— REESE STOOD BY HER car, green eyes watching as caution tape was placed around building three and construction workers assessed the damage

— REESE STOOD BY HER car, green eyes watching as caution tape was placed around building three and construction workers assessed the damage. School had been cancelled for two days as they tried to figure out what exactly had happened. At first, they assumed it had been a gas leak, but when that theory was proved wrong they reopened the school and building three would remain closed until further notice. Reese felt guilty, she didn't mean to do anything of that nature when she agreed to talk to Emmett but her magic and emotions went hand-in-hand, so when one went haywire, the other followed in suite. Reese dug her hands in her pockets, shifting her eyes away when she felt the gaze of the workers on her. She knew that she wore her emotion on her face, and if she looked as ashamed as she felt then they'd be accusing her in no time. Instead, Reese pretended to be examining her rain boots as they attempted to reconstruct the classroom she'd demolished. 

She was early, one of the only students yet to arrive, and Reese wasn't quite sure how to occupy her time. Flynn's minivan was parked in her usual spot, but Reese didn't have to guts to talk to her. Their argument was still fresh, and even though Flynn had found her in the woods after her episode, Reese couldn't pretend that everything was okay; because it wasn't. Flynn and Reese were on opposite sides of the coin this time: Reese wanted death, a cure for all the grief and pain that was slowly drowning her; Flynn, on the other hand, wanted life and she wanted Reese to find another way. Reese didn't want to find another way, she was perfectly content knowing that all her pain and suffering would come to an end and it would help people. In her mind, it was a win win: Reese finds peace and her family is free. She didn't know what was so wrong with that, but she wouldn't make the mistake of asking Flynn, not wanting to get slapped or lectured at again. So, Reese stayed where she was.

As Reese kicked at a loose piece of asphalt, students began pulling into their designated spaces. They swarmed the parking lot, chatting about the up and coming homecoming dance and what they had done on their days off. Reese glared at them, jealous of their normal lives and minuscule problems. She wished that she was like them, and with an aching heart, Reese remembered that at one point in time, she had been like them. In Minnesota, she showed up to Wayzata High with her group of friends and gossiped about the newest couple and planned for the school dance. She smiled and laughed; she wore pretty skirts and floral blouses. Reese Logan had been one of the girls that she now envied. Oh how the tables have turned Reese mused to herself.