⚊ xxix. to mend broken trust.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄;
TO MEND BROKEN TRUST

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄;TO MEND BROKEN TRUST

— FOR A SECOND, REESE was sure that Morgana had returned; the anger that pulsed through her veins and caused her lip to curl back over her serrated teeth could not possibly have been of her own accord, and yet it was

— FOR A SECOND, REESE was sure that Morgana had returned; the anger that pulsed through her veins and caused her lip to curl back over her serrated teeth could not possibly have been of her own accord, and yet it was. For once, Reese was thankful for Emmett's grip on her arm, because if it hadn't been there Reese knew full and well she would have marched up to her friend and attacked her. Flynn stood beside Elizabeth with her hands dug deep into the pockets of her thick jacket, and the human girl had the audacity to smile and wave at Reese like she hadn't ruined her life. Reese felt bitter resentment and unfiltered rage wash over her. 

"Why are you here?" Reese snarled, the burning in her throat making her all the more hostile.

Flynn seemed taken aback by her tone; clearly she had been expecting more of a warm reunion. "Elizabeth said it was important—"

"I don't want you here," Reese interrupted, sneering hatefully at the human. "Get out."

"Reese!" Elizabeth exclaimed, surprised by Reese's reaction. "She's your friend and she's here to help."

"I don't want her help," Reese snapped. "I know what happens when she tries to help."

Flynn stayed silent, as if it hadn't yet occurred to her that Reese didn't come back exactly the same way as she had been before. That Flynn's actions had had consequences. That the life she'd forced onto Reese wasn't the human one she was familiar with. Reese felt a little satisfaction replace the pent up aggression, although she did feel a little guilty that she was happy about it. The next time Flynn spoke, her voice was as small as a mouse's.

"You're angry with me."

"Yes," Reese deadpanned, not bothering to sugar coat her words to spare her friend's feelings. 

"I thought," Flynn glanced over her shoulder at Elizabeth, uncertainty flashing in her blue eyes. "I thought you said she wanted to see me?"

Reese couldn't help the scoff that left her lips. "Why on Earth would you think that? How could you possibly think that I would ever want to see you after what you did to me?"