⚊ v. almost home

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄;
ALMOST HOME

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄;ALMOST HOME

— REESE LOGAN PRIDED HERSELF on her ability to be able to handle shock well, but she couldn't help the surprised expression that rolled over her face when she rolled over to hit the snooze button on her alarm and saw the sun pulling itself over th...

— REESE LOGAN PRIDED HERSELF on her ability to be able to handle shock well, but she couldn't help the surprised expression that rolled over her face when she rolled over to hit the snooze button on her alarm and saw the sun pulling itself over the mountains. In the two weeks that she'd been in Forks, Reese could count on one hand the number of times the clouds part long enough for the warm rays to shine down on the rainy town.

The thought of feeling the warmth on her skin — even for a few fleeting hours — gave Reese enough energy to throw off her blankets and attempt to prepare herself for the day. After her breakdown earlier in the week, Elizabeth had granted her a my-parents-are-dead-get-off-free-card; so she'd stayed home for the past three days, spending her time moping in her room while watching some horrid soap opera that happened to be on. In fact, the blonde planned on doing the exact same thing just maybe in the living room where the large window would allow the sunshine to soothe the darkness inside her that was bubbling over; but that plan was shot to hell when Reese stumbled into the kitchen, rubbing the layers of sleep out of her eyes.

Sitting at a stool at the breakfast counter, eating the blueberry muffins that Elizabeth had bought, was Flynn O'Connell. Reese blanched. Personally, she'd never wanted to see the pizza girl again after her shit show of a first day where she was humiliated by girls she barely knew and then broke down and cried to some strange dude who was only trying to be nice.

"What are you doing here?" Reese finally managed to get out, her green eyes flickering to Elizabeth who was making her lunch for that day. "What is she doing here?"

Elizabeth sighed, glancing up from the peanut butter jar and over to her niece. "You need human contact, Reese. Locking yourself up in your room isn't healthy. The twins are worried."

"I'm fine," Reese stated firmly, ignoring the dryness of her mouth at the blatant lie. "Really, I've never felt better."

"Good," Elizabeth smiled at her niece. "Flynn came to ask if you wanted to have a girls night with her. You know, dinner, sleepover, the whole nine yards."