⚊ xviii. three weeks left.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍;
THREE WEEKS LEFT

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍;THREE WEEKS LEFT

(recommended to listen to broken by isak danielson while reading,,it will put you in your feels)

— THE DELICIOUS AROMA OF handmade made pasta and sweet bread fresh out of the oven wafted over Reese and Emmett as they stepped into Luigi's Restaurant. Most of the tables were occupied, Reese spotted one of the couples that had been in the pottery place munching on a basket of bread. The hostess directed Reese and Emmett to a booth by the window, lighting the candle resting in the middle of the table and sent them a welcoming smile. Reese knew that she was blushing and ducked her head so that no one could see. She couldn't think about how everyone kept thinking that she and Emmett were together, not when she was planning on dropping the bomb of her impending doom.

Reese flicked through the menu, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth as she debated on whether she should get the chicken parmigiana or penne alla vodka. Emmett turned the pages of his menu too and Reese wondered if he would get anything, it would probably look a little bizarre if he just sat there and watched her eat. One of the waitresses, a pretty, dark haired girl with warm brown skin, handed them glasses of iced water and smiled brightly.

"Hey guys, I'm Katie and I'll be your server for today," her chestnut eyes flickered to Emmett and her cheeks reddened when he nodded at her politely. "Can I start you guys off with something to drink?"

"I'll have some coffee," Reese told her, rubbing her hands together to generate some heat. "Decaf, please."

Katie wrote it down and then glanced at Emmett. "And for you?"

Emmett held his water up. "I'm all set with this."

"I'll be right back with your coffee," Katie told Reese and then walked back towards the kitchen, grabbing a couple of empty plates on her way.

Reese twiddled her thumbs distractedly; how on Earth was she going to do this? Emmett had been nothing but honest with her, telling her everything about himself (granted, only after Reese had confronted him about it) and here she was holding back a monster of a secret. She must have turned green because Emmett gripped her clenched fist.