⚊ iv. only pain

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑;
ONLY PAIN

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑;ONLY PAIN

— REESE LOGAN HAD JUST about had enough of the Forks student body for the day; she pushed through the hoard of students and stalked into the cafeteria, dropping down at a bench in the far corner of the room

— REESE LOGAN HAD JUST about had enough of the Forks student body for the day; she pushed through the hoard of students and stalked into the cafeteria, dropping down at a bench in the far corner of the room. The table itself was obviously never used — probably because it was close to the garbage cans, but Reese wasn't bothered by that —, the lack of stains and scratches proof enough of that, and Reese was thankful that she could sit alone. She was tired of people pushing and shoving to sit next to her to pick at her brain; where are you from, why'd you move, where do you live now, what bra size are you, Reese was fucking sick of it.

Her hunger had disappeared after the whole crying in the rain fiasco, so Reese instead chased her tater tots around her plate with a bored expression. She had just about decided she'd rather have nicotine for lunch instead of soggy, questionable grey meat when a tray clatter down across from her, an unfamiliar blonde dropping down onto the bench with a huff. Reese blinked, watching as the girl poured some dressing onto her salad. Reese glared; she put up with the questions about why she would ever move to the rainy province of Washington and dealt with the onslaught of remarks about her puffy eyes, but she drew the line at trying to sit with her at lunch like they were childhood friends or something.

Lauren Mallory had been the first one to join the Logan girl at her table, flipping her silky blonde hair over her shoulder as her soprano voice rang out, ruining the solitude Reese had been enjoying. Following Lauren came her cronies of gossipers, their mouths moving but nothing of importance ever came out. Jessica Stanley had been pestering her for the past fifteen minutes about what she thought of Forks and if she had seen the Cullens yet; the Cullen family was — as far as Reese could tell — her favorite subject, and the girl had already gone ahead and planned a nice spring wedding for her and Edward, or whatever. Reese wasn't interested.

The only tolerable one out of the trio was Angela Weber. Reese was having trouble figuring out just exactly how the quiet girl fit in with the other two; Lauren thought that she was God's gift to the green Earth, and every word that came out of Jessica's mouth sounded like a sheep. Angela wasn't going to be herded by Lauren's bully antics, but she didn't stick up for herself either. It was all very confusing for Reese.