⚊ xiii. happily never after

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍;
HAPPILY NEVER AFTER

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍;HAPPILY NEVER AFTER

— IF REESE LOGAN HAD been told three months — or even three days — ago that she would be sitting in an empty classroom watching Emmett Cullen struggle to reveal that he was a vampire, she would have laughed in your face

— IF REESE LOGAN HAD been told three months — or even three days — ago that she would be sitting in an empty classroom watching Emmett Cullen struggle to reveal that he was a vampire, she would have laughed in your face. But, there she was, tapping her fingers in a rhythmic pattern on the desk top waiting for him to get the words out. He paced in front of her, running a hand through his dark, curly hair letting out a deep sigh every once in a while.

"So," he finally began, setting himself in the chair opposite her. "We need to talk."

"About what exactly?" Reese played dumb, raising an eyebrow at his assumption.

"You saw something when you touched my hand," he frowned in thought. "I don't know what you saw, but it was enough to scare you. You looked like you were staring death in the face."

"Was I?" Reese said without missing a beat.

Emmett didn't talk for a moment, letting her words bounce around his head before continuing. "Yes."

Reese swallowed thickly, forcing herself to remain calm and collected not wanting him to know just how scared she really was. So what she was a first born witch with powers that could split the Earth in half and raise the dead, Reese Logan was still afraid of monsters. Especially monsters who looked as nice as Emmett Cullen did. Then again, she thought, that was probably part of it; if he wore his fangs on his sleeve then how would he be able to integrate himself into a community. People trusted people who looked liked them, and if his kind stood out it would probably be harder to find a meal — the idea alone that she could be considered food caused a shudder to run down the length of her spine. 

"I did see something when you grabbed me,"Reese dropped her gaze down to her fingers, pretending to be enamored by the chipping paint. "I saw things, memories. Your memories."

Emmett paled — if that was possible, given his current lack of vitamin d. "What exactly did you see?"

Reese pulled the memories that didn't belong to her to the front of the mind, rubbing her temples as images flashed behind her closed eyelids. "I saw a bear and a woman with blonde hair. I felt fire and a body trying to heal itself. I saw golden eyes and pale skin. I saw speed and strength unmatched by any human. I saw years pass and only clothes change," she opened her eyes, looking directly into his. "I saw you