Chapter 9

After that first day of the war Kimblee was in the medical tent getting help about the bullet in his arm. There were a lot of lives taken that day on both sides but it was mostly the Ishvalans that took the worst hit but little did the Ishvalans know that their numbers were only going to drop. Day after day the battles continued and Kimblee's reputation about him being the most feared on the battle field was just proving to be true. Every day Miles would go out and search for survivors of the attacks but he would always be too late.  All around the once beautiful city there laid bodies of males, females, children and even babies. Some of the females were holding the children and they had a look of terror on their face as they tried to protect their babies. Miles just hoped and prayed that his family was safe and sound at the promise land.  Miles looked up at the sky and sighed softly as he wiped a few tears away. He had helped many people to escape from this death trap and he knew that if he stayed here any longer that he could either die or be captured and taken to who knows where. Miles also didn't know if his friends that he had grown up with were even alive. He sat down on a rock then it started to rain  as if it was a sign sent from the gods above. Miles looked up at the sky again and he wiped the rain off of his cheeks. "All I want is to know if the people that I love are alright and that they're safe. That's all I want to know.." Miles said to himself not really noticing that Roy was there trying to look for Ishvalan people to help. 

"Miles, I know that we got off on the wrong foot but I want to help you as best that I can. I know that what we have done is wrong but I can't really do much. " Roy said as he humbled himself and he takes off his gloves and he looked at Miles. 

Miles was startled and he looked at Roy. "Why should I believe your word right now? You've killed so many people!" Miles looked really angry as he glared at Roy. 

"Yes I have but I have also saved many people. There's a system that I set up to help get people out of here so that they can go find a better life for themselves and their families. I wanted to ask for your help since I can't be here all the time. I wanted you to help me keep helping people to get out of here." Roy said as he looked at him with a desperate look.

Miles sighed and he pinched the bridge of his nose. "What's in this deal for me? What if I get caught helping you with this operation that you have going on?" He looked at Roy concerned. 

"I will do everything in my power to make sure that you don't get caught and if you do then I will still do anything in my power to help you escape from the camps that they have set all around. I will tell you anything else that you want to know but not here in the open since we really don't know who's on the good guy's side." Roy said as he looked around and he put his gloves back on. 

Miles nodded. "Alright I'll help you but you better tell me everything that you know whenever we meet up again. We can meet up at my base." He told him where it was then he walked away as the rain just started to pour down even more than before. Roy sighed as he looked up then he flicks off the rain. "Stupid rain.. everyone knows that I am useless when it rains." He sighed and just went back to his tent and he started to dry himself off.