Chapter 6

That same day Miles was helping his family to get out of the country. He hadn't told them that he planned on staying behind so that his father could be with his mother and his siblings. Both of his siblings were holding onto him as they all ran for the boarder. It was very dangerous now because of all the Ishvalan soldiers that were running around trying to defend their boarders and their people. So far they were able to keep the other soldiers at bay until Kimblee arrived. Once Kimblee arrived it was basically game over but the Ishvalans kept on fighting back because they knew what would happen if they didn't fight with all their might. Miles ran and ran with his family but they were stopped by the other soldiers. Miles slowly set his siblings down then he pulled out the gun that he had been hiding and he shot both soldiers in the head. They both crumbled to the ground with their eyes wide open. Miles once again picked up his siblings and he ran with his mother and father.

His father looked at him, "Son, where did you learn to shoot like that?" He asked him genuinely impressed with how well he shoot both men.

"I've been practicing outside of town where the gun shots can't be heard from." He replied to him as he looked back at his father.

"Well you did good son. I am proud of you." His father said as he laid his hand on his shoulder then he stopped and looked at them all. "I guess this is where we say goodbye to each other."

Miles and his mother stopped as well then Miles handed the children to his father as he nudged him to his mother. "Not for you dad.. I plan on staying here while you four escape this place before it gets too rough out here." He looked at them both. 

"No son I need you to go with your mother and your siblings. You can protect them better than I can."  His father walked back to him.

"No dad mama and my siblings need you that is why I am staying behind so that I can make sure that no one follows you guys nor do they try to kill you all." He went and hugged them all goodbye.

His siblings started to cry as they hugged him tightly. "We don't wanna go without you big brother. We wanna stay with you."

"I know I know," he tried his best to calm them down, " but I want you two to be safe and I want you two to help mama and papa. Okay?" He said to them softly as he kissed the tops of their heads.

They both nodded but they still sniffled. "We will miss you big brother."

"And I will miss you both as well." He went to his mother and father then he hugged them. "Travel safety and if you can travel at night so you won't get caught as easily.

"We will son. Now you take care of yourself and try not to get yourself killed while you're out there baby boy." His mother kissed his forehead. 

"I will try my best mama. Now you four need to get going." He gently nudged them to the boarders edge. They all nodded and their father picked up the two siblings and they all took off running into the woods.

Miles stood there and sighed as he watched them leave but that was his choice. He wanted to stay behind so that he could help other Ishvalans escape or help fight in the war that was taking place right where he had grown up.

((Sorry sorry for the long wait! I was busy and I was trying to figure out where to take this story but I am finally unbusy and I can continue to write more stories! I hope that you enjoy!