Chapter 2

Miles was walking around Ishvala with a few friends of his. He was smiling and laughing as he and his friends were picking on each other. "Okay okay guys that enough." Miles chuckled as he kept walking. 

"Awe why are you messing with our fun? Don't you like our jokes?" One of his friends asked as he playfully punched his shoulder. 

Miles chuckles and ruffles his friend's hair. "I do like your jokes it's just that I need to get home and help out my family with some stuff." Miles said as he turned to head to his house. 

"Oh you're no fun Miles." He chuckled as he and the other walked to passed him as they made there way to the restaurant.

Miles just chuckled and shook his head as he walked to his house. As soon as he opened the door his family greeted him with a happy smile. "I'm back." He said with a cheerful smile.

"It's good having you back home son." His mother said as he went over and hugged him gently. 

"It's good to be home mama." He hugged her back and smiles gently.

"Did you get the things that I asked for from the market?" She asked.

"Of course I got them mom." He smiled and put away the groceries that he had gotten from town.

His dad come inside and was panting softly. "W-we need to get out of here as quickly as possible." He leaned against the door frame.

"What do you mean dad?" Miles looked over at him with a curious look.

"One of the Amestrain solider shot a child today which means that more of them will be coming to deal with the rest of us." He said as he walked over to them.

"What?! Why would they come deal with us when it's there fault!" Miles said as he dropped the bag of food. 

"I don't know why son... just get things together so we can leave this place before things messy." His father said as he started working on getting things together. 

He nodded and started working on gathering things together so that they could leave but he knew that gathering so much stuff together would take a good while. He sighed and kept working hoping that they would be able to get out with no trouble at all. He kneeled and hung his head still trying to think of why one of the soldiers shot an Ishvalan child to begin with. He sighed and stayed there for a while before he heard gun shot being fired from all over the place. He stood up with the stuff that he had and went to his mother. All he knew was that he had to get her out of the city.

No Ishvalan was ready for the long war ahead of them and they also didn't know that from that day forward that everything  was going to chance for the worst. No one really knew what was going to happen but they had to be strong for each other because this would tax them a lot. They had to stay strong for their family and they had to protect them no matter what.