Chapter One

Eric's POV

------------------------------

My type is simple. At least to me it is.

An elegant, seductive woman.

Hair. Brunette, never blonde. I never go for blondes. Even if I'm just looking for someone to fuck. Blondes don't catch my eyes the way brunettes do.

Eyes. Blue eyes are a no. Blue is debatably the most unattractive eye colour. I don't care how much they 'sparkle', they're just not appealing.

Jewellery. One of the things that can make a female ten times more attractive. A few rings on her hands, not the left ring finger. If I see one, my eyes will leave her immediately, and I'm no longer interested.

A watch. A watch is just as sexy on a woman as lingerie. Not a watch that's fully iced out. People who ice out all their jewellery look like try-hards. I want a woman who doesn't even have to try to be attractive.

------------

My father is forcing me to go to a quinceanera tonight for a mission. I don't even know who the girl is, what she looks like, or what the fuck even goes on at a quinceanera. All I know is her name and information my father told me.

Isabel Manfredo, daughter of Francisco Manfredo, who is the leader of the Mexican Mafia, one of our enemies. 'Our' meaning the Italian Mafia, who my father, Alfredo Romano, is the leader of. In our mafia, I'm just a capo. My father is the boss, or 'Don', and my older brother, Anthony, is the underboss. He will be the one taking over once my dad can no longer lead.

The quinceanera is being held at one of Fransisco's houses. Since I don't live anywhere near there, another capo and four soldiers and I will be flying on a plane to go to Merida, a city in Mexico, where the house is located.

The other capo, Alex, is a total pain in the ass. Never stops talking, never stops flirting with girls, always trying to show-off, but he's good at his job and can get almost any task done. I actually went to high school with him, and I thought I'd finally never have to see him again after graduating, but then he ended up joining my father's mafia, knowing I hated him so much. If it weren't for his skills, he for sure would've been kicked out already. And even though we're both capos, my father put me in charge of this mission.

I wish I wasn't paired with Alex, but there's nothing I can do now, we're already on the plane, and I'm stuck with this idiot for fourteen hours. I'm sure the other soldiers hate him just as much as I do. I'll try my best not to stab him mid-flight, thirty-thousand feet in the air.

As for the soliders, we're all sort of friends. I'm not very close with any of them, but I've known each of them for at least two years. One of them, Lucas, I went to high school with, though we were never close.

We were assigned a mission to burn Francisco's cocaine supply. Stupidly, he keeps a large portion of it at his house—the house his daughter and only child lives in. Her quinceanera will be the perfect distraction, and it'll give us enough time to find the supply and burn it. There will be a car ready to go and waiting for us outside, just in case we fail or something goes wrong and we need to make a quick exit.

All six of us are wearing all-black suits, except for Alex, of course, who decided to wear a black suit with an extremely loud and colorful bowtie. I don't know who he's trying to impress, we're only going to be here for a few hours, then we're out. Hopefully the black will allow us to blend in. I don't know if quinceaneras have some sort of dress code, but a black suit? Should be discreet enough.

We finally land, and the six of us enter the black limo that was waiting for us outside the plane. I sit on one side with two of the soldiers, and the other two sit beside Alex.