Chapter Thirteen

Eric's POV

------------------------------

Today is the day. We leave Italy to hand over Davina to the Mexicans in exchange for Flynn and Dex in a few days after landing. Francisco already knows we're leaving today, and he sent us photographic evidence that our two soldiers are still alive and unharmed. The plan is to meet in a discreet location—somewhere far from the compound they're currently at as Francisco doesn't want us to know where his soldiers are located. Fair enough.

While we're in Mexico, we'll also return Isabel to her home. While me and another capo go meet Francisco to make the exchange, two other soldiers will drop Isabel off at her house. She isn't actually part of the Mexican mafia. That explains why she hasn't tried to fight back once this entire time we've had her.

Davina has seemed weirdly relaxed this past week, knowing she's gonna be given to another mafia. She sort of looks like she doesn't care, which I honestly get. If she doesn't go to the Mexicans, then she'd either stay with us where my dad would make her life a living hell, or her home where her dad would make her life a living hell, or literal hell, after she dies somehow.

"Plane's gonna be here in a five minutes," I inform everyone. Everyone being Jaxon, Victor, Davina, and of course, Alex. I think my dad just keeps pairing us up to piss me off now. Jaxon and Victor are the ones who will be taking Isabel to Merida while Alex and I take Davina.

"I'm not looking forward to another plane ride with you," I sigh, glaring over at Alex.

"Me, neither, that's why we're taking separate planes, shithead," he tells me.

"What the fuck do you mean we're taking separate planes?"

"I'm going with Victor and Jaxon. You and Davina are going in another jet, I know you'll like that."

I look over at Victor and Jaxon and see Victor giving Davina a hard, long stare. Not a flirtatious one, but he's clearly in deep thought. It takes a while before Davina notices.

"What?" she asks, furrowing her eyebrows up at him.

"Nothing," he responds.

Alex's plane arrives, Davina and mine hasn't yet. Alex, Victor and Jaxon start getting on the plane, and I tell them to wait at the hotel lobby and not to check in before I get there. I can't have them messing up the fucking hotel rooms. It's happened before.

Davina follows them in and grab her arm. "What?" she asks.

"We're taking a separate plane."

"Why?"

"Ask fucking Alex."

She sighs and returns to her crossed-arms position, eyebrows furrowed, I'm assuming because of the sun.

Our planes arrive shortly after, and we go in. I don't know why I was expecting a big reaction from her when she saw the inside, but she acted like she's seen something as luxurious before, probably better. We have better jets than this, but I figured we don't need them for this mission.

She immediately goes over to the bedroom and flops down on the bed.

"I miss having a big bed," she softly says, moving her arms and legs on the bed like she's making a snow-angel. I exit the room and leave her alone. This is probably the last time she'll experience sleeping in a nice room with a comfy bed, since she'll be with the Mexicans soon. Francisco seemed eager to have her there, but he didn't tell us what he was planning on doing with her. I swear, if he tries to do any sex-trafficing shit, I'm gonna—"