Chapter Ten

Davina's POV

------------------------------

I smile and let out a laugh. "That's not gonna happen," I shake my head.

"I won't ask again—"

"And I won't answer again, so if you could just," I shoo him away with my free hand, "I'm busy," I sang out. "And this vodka isn't going to drink itself." This vodka, meaning what I think is my third glass of vodka.

The man stares at me with a confused expression, arms by his side, watching me gulp down my drink.

"If you don't mind," I tell him, "I'm going to use the restroom." Not that I need your permission. I push myself off of the table I've been leaning against and stumble my way over to a random door. Not sure why, maybe it's the vodka, but I can't seem to hold my balance, standing or walking. Not only that, my mind feels a little fuzzy. I stand with my face right up against the tall white door and move my hand around the side to find the handle.

Is this the restroom?

I open the door and wow, I'm so smart, I think to myself.

"It is the restroom!" I excitedly say to absolutely nobody as no one else is in the room with me. "Alright, Davina, do your business." I stop and let out a long sigh with both hands on my hips like a superhero, scanning my eyes over the five stall doors. "Hmmm," I hum out, squinting my eyes. "This one." I point to far left sink with furrowed brows. "This one looks perfect." I stroll over to the sink which, in the back of my mind, I know is certainly not a toilet, but I don't seem to figure that out right now. I reach down to pull off my pants and— "Someone took my pants!" I scream, so loudly the whole world can hear. "Help!"

A man bursts in and looks around until he spots me standing in the corner, a concerned look on his face. The same man who interrupted my loneliness at the drink table.

We hold eye contact for a good ten seconds as he tries to process what's going on in front of him.

"Someone took my pants," I complain with a pouty frown.

He stares at me in silence before speaking, "You're wearing a dress."

I look at him, eyebrows in a deep furrow, then transfer my eyes to look down at my legs, then the realization hits. "Oh yeah!" I exclaim. "I am wearing a dress!"

He sighs and walks over to me, picking me up bridal style. I giggle as he walks out of the restroom with me in his hold, and I don't even realize until we're outside that we've left the building. He makes his way over to a black limo with windows so darkly-tinted, you can't see a thing. Or maybe it's just me.

"Alright, get in," he sighs, like he's sick of me, plopping me down onto the ground on my feet.

"Why should I?" I say, trying to sound tough by standing up straight right in front of him, arms crossed over my chest.

"Because I'm in charge of taking care of you, not sure why," he rolls his eyes. "So you have to listen to me. Get inside the lim—"

"Well, Mr Stranger," I dig a stretched, pointed finger into his tuxedo-covered chest, "I don't know who in tarnation hired you to be my babysitter, but I sure as hell know I don't need one." I dramatically stomp away, the swinging of my bare arms matching the speed of my steps.

"Davina, get back here," the man says.

"How do you know my name?!" I shout, looking back at him.

"Because—" he starts. "Just get in the damn limo."

"No!"

"You're not even going the right way!"

I stop in my tracks and realise I've been walking through plain, empty land. I turn around and see the building is now far from reach, same goes with the long, black vehicle I've been asked to board, the Italian-accented man still standing beside it.

Wait a second...shit!

I impossibly loudly gasp with my hands grasping my hair. "Oh my god!" I shriek, eyes locked with the man's. "You're with the Italians!" I excitedly jump up and run over to him.

He looks at me like I'm a crazy person. Who is he to think I'm crazy?

I approach him and excitedly slap my hands against his chest with the widest smile. "Do you know my friend Eric?!"

He looks at me blankly.

"C'mon, do you know or not?"

"Yes."

An excited, wide, open smile spreads accross my face. "Take me to him!" I say to the unamused-looking man. "Take me to him, I want to see him!" Without thinking, I jump into the limo and the man follows me in, sitting across from me, letting out an annoyed sigh.

"This is gonna be a long ride," I hear him say under his breath, but I keep quiet.

I can't help but notice the whiskey bottle sitting diagonal from me, calling my name. 'Davina, drink me up, please.' I bite my bottom lip, not even trying to resist the urge to pop that bottle open and chug it down. I reach up and stretch my arm to grab it, with no one's permission, not thinking I need it.

"What are you—"

"Shh," I cut the man off. "I'm thirsty."

"We have water," he suggests.

"This one looks a little funner, don't ya think?" I grin.

I open the bottle and take a few sips and finish with a satisfied sigh. I look over at the man in the corner of my eye to see him boredly looking at me. I hold the bottle out to him. "Want some?" I offer with raised eyebrows.

He shakes his head, "No, thanks."

"You sure?"

"Positive," he nods.

"Alright then." I shrug, taking another sip before getting comfortable. After a while, I doze off, to the sound of my babysitter speaking in some foreign yet familiar sounding language over the phone.

"Who are you talking to?" I ask the man with my eyes still shut and my hands behind my head.

The man stops his conversation. "My boss." he bluntly answers.

"Ooh, is it Eric?" I ask, propping myself up on the elbows to look at him.

"Yeah, that's her," he quietly says into the phone, ignoring my question.

"Hello?" I say, frowning. "Is it him, or not?"

He sighs as he turns his face towards me. "Close," he finally responds.

I smile and go back to my comfortable position, wiggling around until I've found the perfect one.

"This is gonna be a long fucking drive," are the last words I hear from the man before I finally fall asleep.

-------------------------------

did u guys enjoy drunk davina??

by the way, we hit 10k!! 10.6, to be exact :)) thank you so much!!!

comment and vote!