Chapter Twenty-Four

Eric's POV

------------------------------

My plan was to let Davina and Yuri see each other for an hour max, but I've been at the safehouse for three hours to let the two of them catch up. They are now in the living room watching TV shows I've never even heard of before, and they've been sitting there for two hours straight.

"So, Yuri, do you have any plans on leaving anytime soon?" I interrupt their laughter. I would have forced Yuri's ass out of the house an hour after we arrived, but Davina begged me to let him stay a little longer.

A little longer, my ass.

"Why are you in a rush?" he yells, laughing at whatever the hell is on the screen in front of him.

"Well you see, I kind of a have a job."

"Well you see, I kind of haven't seen my sister in ages," he fires back. "Just go, leave me here."

"You're fucking insane if you think I'm letting you stay here without my supervision," I chuckle.

"What do you think he's gonna do, Eric?" Davina deadpans, obviously on Yuri's side of this.

"I have no fucking idea, Davina, that's why I'm not leaving this house without him."

"Then I guess you're not leaving, because I'm not," Yuri says.

"Alright, get your ass off the couch, we're going back to the compound."

"No, Eric," Davina looks at me with pleading eyes. "Just let Yuri stay for a few more hours, please."

I sigh, looking right at her with my jaw clenched. I know it's a bad idea to leave Yuri here, considering I have no idea what he's capable of doing or what he'd even thinking of doing. For all I know, he could be planning to blow up the house or do something chaotic after I leave.

But I also know that Davina will be pissed if I make Yuri go back to the compound with me this early. I sigh once again as I run my hand through my hair.

"I'll be back tonight," I tell the two.

Davina's frown turns into an ear-to-ear smile as she leaves her seat to run up to me. "Thank you." She kisses my cheek.

"You're welcome." I grab her chin gently and place a long kiss onto her lips, not giving a fuck that Yuri's probably watching.

"Did you just fucking kiss?" I hear his Russian-accented voice ask from the living room.

"Yes, and?"

"Are you forgetting that you're our fucking enemy? You can't kiss my sister."

"And what are you gonna do about it, Ivanov? Go to your dad for help?"

"Eric, that's enough," Davina scolds before turning her head to look at her brother. "And Yuri, don't tell me who I can and can't kiss."

"Are you insane, Davina? How on Earth do you trust this guy? He wants us dead, that's what his father's whole mafia wants."

"If that were true, I would've put a bullet in your head the second I saw you in the cell," I tell him. "And why would I be keeping your sister in a safehouse if I wanted her dead?"

"I don't know, maybe because if you kept her at the compound then your father would see you two all lovey-dovey and probably kill you both."

I instantly pull my gun out from my waistband, fed up with Yuri's arguing. Davina grabs my wrist, trying to lower my arm and have the gun not pointing right at her brother's head.