Relax and Chill

3rd POV

Jasper watches as the base was getting smaller. He took a deep breath as he turns around and sees the officer behind.

"Oh, didn't see you there..." Jasper said. The officer smiled.

"I'm Sergeant William Thomson, sir." He said as he extended his hand. Jasper did the same.

"So how long will this ride be?" Jasper asked.

"Approximately 2 hours, sir. If no Sirens or tides comes in." William said.

"I see, well I guess for the time being. I'll relax for now." Jasper said as he sat down.

"Commander, would you like a drink?" William asked.

"Hmm, sure. Just give me a light one." Jasper said. William nodded to one of waiters. Soon the waiter come back with their drinks.

"Commander, may I ask a question?" William asked.

"Sure." Jasper said. William then take off his hat. Jasper was surprised about his appearance. From the looks of it. William was about in his twenties. Fairly young, has blonde hair, and a pretty boy face.

"Commander, if you have that power. Why can't you end the war now?" William asked. This made Jasper froze then sighed.

"Look, I'm a retired soldier. Plus you don't understand these powers that I'm carrying. These powers are dangerous and powerful. If it falls into the wrong hands. He/she can make the world kneel before him." Jasper explained. "Beside, I'm only here because of my condition."

"May I know what this condition is?"

"Not to be the frontlines. There will be times I will interfere but I will let my girls fight it out. I have trained them well enough." Jasper said.

"Will you use those powers against the enemy shipgirls?"

"No. Only the Sirens." Jasper said.

"I see. I have one more question, Commander."

"Go."

"Where did you get those power?" This made Jasper go silent.

"Classified information."

"Oh...I see. Well that's all for me today. If you have anymore question, please don't hesitate to ask me." William said as he got up and left. Jasper was now alone.

"Clovis. What are your thoughts in this day of age. Do you think their worthy of the Light and the Dark?" Jasper asked. Soon a screen appeared/

"No. Even if I didn't have those powers. I will confidentially say that no one is worthy. The only people I can think of that are somewhat worthy are those shipgirls." Clovis said. Jasper was surprised.

"R-really? Shipgirls with the Light...that's something I have never thought of." Jasper wondered.

"Wasn't there a way to become a Guardian?" Clovis asked.

"Yeah, the Speaker once told us. In order to become a Guardian. Of course you have to die. But dying won't make you a Guardian.  In your last life, you must have devotion, self sacrifice, death." Jasper said.

"Devotion? Explain." Clovis was confused.

"Devotion inspires bravery, bravery inspires sacrifice, sacrifice leads to death." Jasper said.

"I see, well if I am to be honest. Don't those shipgirls fit that category? I mean they have already experience death before and they are brave enough to sacrifice themselves to keep Humanity from extinction." Clovis said.