CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

SORRY THIS IS SO LATE!! As I said my exams are at their peak but give me 4 weeks and I will be back to updated every 1-2 days :)

Ily all <3

I woke up the next day and I was excited to see Zayn. I called him when me and Harry got back to the hotel, and he said to get him on the next flight out and he'd be here to do anything he can to help. He's amazing like that.

His flight was landing at 11am, so me and Harry got up and are driving to the airport to pick him up instead of sending him a car.

The airport was only a short drive from our hotel, so it was currently around 10:30, and Harry was driving us both with Stevie Nicks playing at a low volume.

'Edge of Seventeen' was humming in the background as the engine was running, and Harry was tapping his fingers on the wheel to the beat that was faint in the car.

It was a tech day today, and we were walking straight into tech run as soon as we got back to the hotel from picking Zayn up. As Harry was for the most part in control of all the lighting and sound, he would explain how things need to be set for the show, and it will take a bit longer than usual for them both to figure things out.

I know that Jack was pretty chilled with letting Harry take control, but I don't know how that's going to pan out with Zayn. Zayn is very good at what he does, and I don't think he will react well if Harry tries to tell him how to do things. Jack was obviously very in awe of Harry as he was someone high up and in charge of the tour, and a lot more advanced than him, so he just let Harry do what he needed. I know for a fact Zayn won't do that.

I was worried about Jack to be honest. Although I didn't know him very well I'm still concerned for him. Sure, he's a grown adult and he could just walk off on his own, but it's weird that he didn't tell anyone, he's here on a job and you can't just leave that behind without informing anyone.

His family hadn't heard from him in a few days either, and as he was only 19, they were in contact with Niall as soon as they felt something wasn't right. It was weird for him to just disappear and no one even notice anything wrong. He might not even be in Dubai anymore, he could be anywhere by now, but Niall had said not to worry. It would be easy to track his passport if he'd left the country. No one thinks anything bad has happened to him, but I'm anxious about it.

And sat in the car with Harry, I feel like he is too.

"What if Jack disappearing has something to do with..." He starts.

"Don't say it, please. I can't think about that." I interrupt him.

Truthfully, I have thought about it, and Harry knows that, but I can't say it out loud.

There is a tension in the air, making silence flood the car, something we're usually comfortable with, but it doesn't feel like it usually does this time.

Before long Harry breaks it, and it's like he needs to talk about this, I can feel his tension bubbling between us.

"Bry, I can't just pretend this might not mean anything, what we saw, it could be..."

"Please don't, okay?" I breathe, looking down at my hands on my lap, picking at my fingers.

"We're going to get interviewed by the police Bry, to see if we've seen anything suspicious on the tour so far, to see if we know where this poor teenage boy has gone, and you want me to lie to them?" He says, he isn't getting angry with me, he just has an urgency behind his tone that tells me he needs me to talk to him, to tell him what he's supposed to do, I knew he wouldn't put me at risk.