eight.

When I found out I had a twin sister I thought that my life would be like a fairytale

When I found out I had a twin sister I thought that my life would be like a fairytale. That we would bond over things we had in common, learn about where we came from, talk about boys, have sleepovers, and braid one another hair, that sort of thing. What I didn't expect was to be trapped in some cave with my twin sisters boyfriend, and our evil doppelganger, but that's just my luck, right?

It's been at least twelve hours since I made the stupid, and rash decision to trap myself in here. I didn't stop to think about the consequences. I recognised the look on Elena's face, I knew that she was about to do something dumb because I've seen that face in the mirror countless times. She's human. I had to protect her. It seems that everyone in this town risk's their health and sanity for my sister. It kind of sucks knowing that she has people that would go out of their way and risk their own lives to help her. Has she always had that? Because I sure as hell didn't. I have marcel. He will protect me, but she has an entire village - Color me green because the jealousy monster sure is trying to climb its way up from my stomach.

"Are you okay?" comes from my left and I glance over to find Stefan who's hero-hair is still in perfect condition. I wish I could say the same about my own. I raise my brow giving him a silent answer.

"Listen -" Stefan is cut off by the sound of footsteps outside of the tomb. As soon as Damon comes into view I make my way towards the back of the tomb. I don't really care about what he has to say. I know I got myself into this mess, but for some stupid reason, I find myself blaming him. Which I know is unfair, but I never claimed to be Keira the rational thinking vampire.

"Somehow you're much prettier."

I roll my eyes, turning away from Katherine. I'd rather be alone with my own thoughts than force a conversation with her. We may have the same face, but we are nothing alike.

As though she can read my mind, Katherine smirks, "We're going to be stuck here for a while so we may as well get to know one another. I'm extremely curious about how you come to exist. When Isobel told me there were two of you I almost didn't believe it."

Who the hell is isobel? And what does she have to do with this? I turn back around to face her and let my eyes roam over her body for a moment. I can tell that she is weak from the lack of human blood, but she is trying her best to hide it. Her stance screams "I'm a warrior," But if you look closely enough at her eyes you can see the hint of weakness that she tries so hard to hide. Her arms are crossed protectively over her chest and all of her weight is on her left leg forcing her hip to pop out. She looks like an alpha female. Suddenly I realise I'm looking in a mirror. Not an actual mirror, but we are standing the exact same way. Our faces mimic the same expression. I refuse to be anything like her. I may not know her, but I know that she is treated as though she is the villain everyone must defeat.

Clearing my throat with a laugh, "Aren't you like five hundred years old? Shouldn't you already know about the birds and the bees?"

Katherine tosses her head back and lets out a laugh, like a real laugh, not the sarcastic giggle I usually hear, "I think I like you."