six.

My mind was buzzing with questions, I had heard of the originals before, and by heard of I was eavesdropping on marcel and his men talking about them before. I walk towards the mirror in the Salvatore guest bedroom, my hair, my eyes, my jawline, everything about me, I'm just like her. From the way I walk, talk, dress, and smirk. If I didn't know any better I'd say she was my twin sister and not some ancestor from hundreds of years ago. 

I know how to get answers, so why can't I pick up the phone and call him? I stare down at my phone and scroll through my contacts but when I come to his name I stop myself as though I'm standing on the edge of a cliff and I need to jump but I can't bring myself to do it. Why am I scared? Is knowing the truth that terrifying? It can't be, right?

I sigh and shake my head before clicking his name. It rings 5 times and just as I am about to give up, "Keira?"

"Marcel," I say. 

"I have been trying to call you for hours why did you not pick up?" He asks concerned. 

"I've been a bit preoccupied with finding out I have a twin sister, and a doppelganger, y'know?  Ordinary day to day things." I roll my eyes. 

"About that..." He starts before I interrupt quickly, "Did you know?" I spit.

"Know what?" 

"You know what." I start walking mindlessly around the room, "That day on the roof, did you know who I was? Or did you think I was Katherine?"

He lets out a deep sigh, "I knew about the sun and the moon curse, and I know the ingredients to break that curse, but I promise you, Keira, I did not know you were the doppelganger. I know about Katerina Petrova, but I had never laid eyes on her before. I promise." 

I am silent for a moment trying to figure out if he is lying to me or not. Eventually, I let out a sigh, "I believe you. Everything here is so effed up." 

"You should come home." 

"That's it, I don't know where home is. You are my family, but she is blood." I flop down onto the guest bed, "I need to stay here a while longer." 

"Do you ever plan on coming back?" He asks me with a lump in his throat.

"I don't know." 

**********

The next morning, Damon, the more attractive psychotic brother of the two appears in my doorway, "Devil's spawn." He greets me. 

I strut towards him, "Technically, wouldn't that also make precious Elena the devil's spawn?" I smirk. 

He rolls his eyes at me, "Do you always have a comeback for everything?"