eleven.

John turns around to leave Damon and comes face to face with me

John turns around to leave Damon and comes face to face with me. He sharply inhales some breath through his mouth. "Katherine."

My lip turns up in disgust, "Not quite."

He looks at me for a moment, searching my eyes for the answers. His eyes trail my body, and I can tell he's doing the math. Who am I? Elena or Katherine, but then his eyes snap to mine and go wide with realization, "You're-"

I interrupt him before he can utter my name, "Hi, daddy, dearest. Did you miss me?"

Neither one of us said a word for a while. The only sound to be heard was the increase in John's heartbeat. He stared at me with wide eyes and blinked slowly every ten seconds or so. The silence between us wasn't helping the anger building up inside of me. If anything, it was making me want to rip his head clean off his body. Damon made himself scarce, but I'm sure he's close by listening in. Not because he's worried for me, but if he's smart, he should be worried I'm about to murder my father. And I'm sure he loves every bit of this. 

"Keira?" My sperm donor mutters. 

"Oh, so you do know my name?" I laugh sarcastically while crossing my arms across my chest. 

"How?" He shakes his head in disbelief, "Why are you here?" 

I throw my head back like a maniac and let out a loud chuckle, "You have got to be kidding me. It's been almost eighteen years, and all you have to say to me is, 'why are you here?' Jesus, dad." 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it the way you are implying, Keira. It's just you should be far away from here." He says. 

I narrow my eyes at him. What does he mean I should be far away from here. As though they planned this on purpose. I mean, I know they planned to separate us because that is what happened, but I get a weird feeling about it all. As though they had to, "What do you mean by that?" 

He shakes his head frantically, "You shouldn't be here." 

"Why? Because I could be a sacrificial lamb for a big bad original vampire in order to break some dumb curse?" I close the space between us, "Or is it because technically I shouldn't exist?" I get in his face, close enough I can feel his breath quicken on my face, "If it's the former, father, don't worry," I bare my fangs and hiss, "I'm not a lamb." 

His eyes widen, and he shuffles backwards, almost falling on his behind, "No." he says in horror. 

"What's wrong, daddy?" I cock my head to the side with a devilish grin. 

He shakes his head towards the ground, "You weren't supposed to live this life." 

"And what kind of life did you imagine that I'd live?" 

"A normal one." He deadpans, bringing his eyes up to meet mine. 

I can't help but laugh. Is this guy for real? I used to dream about this moment. I think all foster kids do. The moment their birth parents came back with a good explanation for leaving them there in the first place. I used to dream about them showing up and saving me. Saving me from hell, I had to go through with the foster parents from hell. Save me from the group home. Save me from him. This is not how I imagined it would be. This man not only ruined my life, but he's ruining my dreams, and he has the audacity to stand there and act as though I do not belong.