nine.

So you know how in books and movies there is a bitter rivalry between vampires and werewolves? Well, as it turns out, that's all real

So you know how in books and movies there is a bitter rivalry between vampires and werewolves? Well, as it turns out, that's all real. There is a werewolf in town whose name is Jules, I think? Well, she bit Rose, my kidnapper. I should probably feel bad for her, but it's hard to when she snapped my neck and dragged me into this mess. Then again, if it weren't for her and her brother, I wouldn't know about Elena. Anyways, it turns out the bite of a werewolf is deadly to a vampire. Who would have thought it? Not me. 

Elena and I enter the sitting area of the Salvatore house where Damon and Rose are. Rose has her back to us facing the fireplace, and Damon is inspecting the bite on her right shoulder blade, "It's definitely better." He says and then turns towards us, "Right, Elena?" Ignoring my existence. 

"Um, it's not bad." 

I look at Elena in disbelief. Are we just going to lie to her? The wound on her back is huge and looks as though it is getting worse. I'm surprised she's still here. Maybe I'm insensitive, but I'd rather know than have everyone lie to me. 

"Where's Stefan" Damon asks. 

"He left. I need you to talk to him. He's convinced that he needs to find Isobel, but I think that is going to upset Elijah." 

"No can do. I'm with Stefan on this one." Damon says, and I openly agree with him. "If you could play nurse for a little while." He says towards Elena.

"It's not necessary," says Rose. 

"It is necessary. Elena is a do-gooder. It's in her nature she just can't resist." Damon says before leaving. Elena and I share a look before following Damon out of the room. 

"Damon" 

Damon turns towards Elena and me, "Is she going to die?" Elena asks. 

"Probably. The wolf bite caused some kind of infection, and it's getting worse." 

"Like a poison?"

"I don't know, Elena. I'm not an expert in the field." 

"I'm sorry", Elena sighs. 

"Death happens. We come we go. The sooner she dies, the better." Damon quickly replies before turning to leave. Damon is another one who builds up this wall around him, but he has cracks. He lets his emotion out through his eyes before he can stop it. His words say he doesn't care, but it's obvious to me at least that he does. 

"Evil twin?" Damon shouts from down the hall, "You're with me." 

**********

From the moment I got into Damon's car, the air around us feels hostile. I can tell he's about to do something dumb and go on a rampage, but do I care enough to stop it? No. 

"Where are we going?" 

"You'll see when we get there." He says through clenched teeth. 

What a dick. Why does Elena keep him around? God only knows. I bite my lower lip to stop the words from leaving my mouth and then let out a deep sigh, "Look, I just want to know so that I know what to expect? Are you homicidal or not?"