three.

I groan and clutch the back of my neck, attempting to rub the pain and stiffness away. I open my eyes to find I'm laying on a cold concrete floor. I look around and notice I'm in a cell, "Why does this keep happening to me." I say out loud to myself and pull myself onto my feet, but fail and slump down the wall onto the ground again.

"How did you manage to escape the tomb?" I hear someone ask.

I look towards the cell door and notice the raven-haired vampire from before was behind the door peeking through metal bars. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I sigh. I rub my hand through my hair and pull it off my face, "What do you people want from me?"

The vampire swiftly opens the cell door and enters the room with me, "Cut the crap, Katherine." he walks closer to me, "I'm not falling for the amnesia act."

"You're insane." I spit, he shakes his head and laughs at me, and in an instant my body is slammed against the concrete wall, causing it to crack a little. The vampire's hand is gripped tightly around my throat causing me to claw weakly at his hands, but he only squeezes tighter. "You haven't seen insane yet, kitty-kat."

he throws me across the cell, slamming my body against another wall. I fall to the ground and whine, "stop, please." But he doesn't listen to me, in seconds he has me pinned to the ground as he lays over as he attempts to push a stake into my heart. I'm fighting him off as best as I can, but I'm still weak from the lack of blood and the vervain, "See you in hell, Katherine."

Suddenly The vampire's body is rushed against the wall by another vampire, I let out a breath in relief, "Thanks for the save." I croak.

"Stefan, what are you doing?" The raven-haired man shouts.

"Katherine is still in the tomb." The vampire, Stefan, says.

The raven-haired vampire raises a brow as he glances towards me, as I rub my neck and pull myself up onto my feet, "How is that possible?" The man asks in disbelief.

Stefan turns to me with a sympathetic look, "I'm sorry for the pain we have caused you."

I cross my arms across my chest, "Does this mean I can go?"

Stefan doesn't reply and only nods his head at my question. Just as I'm about to leave Elena appears at the door, "Wait." she says out of breath, she walks over to me, "What's your name?"

"I'm Keira Fleming"

***********

The two handsome vampires, I believe to be brothers, and my duplicate escorted me upstairs and into the main living area. The house was old fashioned, but it reeked of arrogance of wealth. They all stared at me as though I was some sort of abnormal freak show, and it's fair to say they were starting to piss me the hell off.

I can't help but roll my eyes, and cross my arms firmly across my chest, "Keep staring, maybe I'll do a trick or fireworks will start shooting out my derriere."

The raven-haired vampire lets out a small chuckle while Elena continues to stare at me with a dumb expression on her face. Stefan takes a small step forward and places himself in front of Elena protectively. "How old are you?" He asks.

"Seventeen," I respond.

"I think he meant in vampire years, honey-pie." The raven-haired one chuckled.

I quickly turn my head towards him, "I didn't have time to catch your name with your hands being around my throat and all." I snap.

He rushes to me in a flash trying to put me on edge, but I don't flinch. We hold eye contact for what feels like forever, "Damon." The other vampire warns.

Damon rolls his eyes and turns towards his brother, "Saint Stefan, always sucking the fun out of everything."

Damon and Stefan.

"To answer your question, I am seventeen years old. I was turned 7 months ago." I say changing the subject back onto myself.

"When is your birthday?" Elena asks curiously.

"June 22nd."

She lets out a small gasp and stares at me blankly, I don't understand the complete shock on their faces. Yes, we look exactly alike, so logically that means we must be twins, right? Stefan tilts his head to the side, "Where do you live?" He asks me.

"New Orleans."

"Have you always lived there?"

"I was bounced around the foster system all of my life. I have lived there as long as I can remember, but I know nothing about my life before the age of six."

Elena's eyes fill with tears, "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." I shrug.

Elena wipes the few tears that drop from her eyes and walks toward me quickly. Before I can react she throws her arms around me and embraces me. I look at her and then between the two vampires with a confused expression. I'm not a hugger, I have never been a hugger, but for my long lost twin sister... I can be a hugger. I wrap my arms around her and return her hug.

We pull apart after a moment, "I've always wanted a sister!" She exclaims. I let out a light chuckle and so does she. "Do you have to return home right away?"

"Of course not, I just found you. Plus I have no obligations back in new Orleans. I can stay as long as I need to, but I'll have to make a few phone calls first." I smile.

She lets out a toothy grin and turns back to Stefan and Damon letting out an excited shriek. She turns back to me, "I have to introduce you to my brother."

I couldn't stop my face from reacting, the 'what the heck' expression quickly washed across my face as my eyebrows knitted together, "You have a brother?"

**********

We walked up to a white, good sized, family home taking every back road to not be seen. "This is it," Elena says as we approach the front door. She reaches out slowly and opens it walking through. Stefan and Damon follow and they start to walk down the hallway. I stop abruptly at the door looking around the edges. "Ahem" I fake cough. The three turn to look at me, Elena looks confused. I roll my eyes at her.

"Oh right." She says awkwardly.

"Keira, please come in," she says allowing me to enter.

"Jer!" She shouts. Moments later a tall teenaged boy with shaggy hair starts walking down the stairs, "What?" he says looking at me. "I-"

"I'm over here."

The boy, Jeremy turns to Elena slowly with a baffling look pulled across his face. His head shoots back in my direction for a moment and then back to Elena, "You invited her in?" He spits. "Have you lost your mind?"

"I should be offended, but I'm not" I shrug before crossing my arms across my chest and popping my hip.

"Hush, Katherine 2.0," Damon says causing me to glare at him angrily. Whoever Katherine is, she is clearly not respected around here, so I should definitely be offended. Not to mention they still haven't explained to me why I would ever be confused for her. Were we triplets?

"Jer calm down." Elena begins to explain, "She's not Katherine." Elena then goes on to explain everything. My life story. Jeremy can't wrap his head around everything. He shakes his head in disbelief.

"I need to get some air," he says before heading towards the front door and slamming it shut behind him.

"I think that went well," I say sarcastically. 

***********