two.

Suddenly with a deep breath of air, I'm back in the world of the living, sort of

Suddenly with a deep breath of air, I'm back in the world of the living, sort of. I'm laying down on what feels like a dirty wooden floor. I focus on listening to what surrounds me, and I hear a heartbeat banging against someone's chest and the blood flowing through their veins. My stomach jumps, and I don't dare to open my eyes. The person breathing quickened so I can assume they are terrified.

"What do you want?" the girl asks desperately in a familiar voice. The man shushes her, "Please, I'm hurt." The girl pleads

"I know." A man says in a heavy English accent, "Just a taste."

A vampire, I figured as much, from the pain in my neck it can only be that it was snapped, and only another vampire would be able to do it quick enough without me being able to react.

"No!" The female cries.

"Trevor!" Another English accent, but this time it's female, "Control yourself." She demands. Clearly, she wears the pants in this duo.

"Buzzkill," The man says as he exits the room. His footsteps are getting quieter as he goes. I was still laying perfectly, still hoping that they would leave me alone. I can feel the vervain burning in my veins, no doubt they injected me, and there's no way I would be able to take them both on with it weakening me.

"What do you want from me?" The girl asks.

"Oh, my God, you look just like her." The boss lady says.

"But I'm not, please, whatever you-"

The English woman interrupts, "be quiet!"

"But I'm not Katherine. My name is Elena Gilbert; you don't have to do this." The girl says optimistically.

The English lady lets out a short laugh, "We know you're not; she's over there."

"Then, why do you need me?" The girl who I now know as Elena cries.

"I said, be quiet."

"What do you want?" Elena asks for the third time, and then suddenly I hear the unmistakable sound of flesh smacking flesh and Elena's body banging down onto something. "I want you to be quiet." Well damn.

I can hear the English woman leaving the room, and after waiting for a few minutes until the coast was clear. I rubbed my neck and let out a grumble of pain. I slowly pull myself up onto my feet to get a good look around the room.

The room is empty with only a few pieces of broken and old furniture, a table with books scattered across it and a musty old sofa in front of me. I can see the girl, Elena, a human, laying down on the couch with her head facing away from me. I take a few steps towards her, making sure not to make a sound, to get a better view. And that's when the metallic odour fills my nostrils. My eyes fixed in a hypnotic state onto the crimson stain on the arm of the girl's sweater. I can feel my instincts kick in. My throat burns, I know what I want, what I need.