t w e n t y e i g h t

Chapter 28 : Leaving, Gone.

*POV: Jay*

"Ah." I wince when my finger makes contact with my eye. He sure got me good, it'll be there for a week at least.

Sudden yelling from Alex's room caught my attention, but I refused to go out and see.

I lay back on the bed, blocking my eyes from the light of the room.

The face Cheese had when she saw my face, when she heard what I said, keeps flashing in front of my eyes. It's causing my chest to tighten.

I didn't want to say those things. I didn't mean them.

I want to take them back, but I can't. She's too good for me. She wouldn't forgive me so easily.

I turn my head to the side and see the four pictures she gave me as a birthday present. They hung there, mocking me - telling me I had something great and lost it.

I stood up quickly and began taking them off the wall. Before I could take the last one off, I heard the front door slam. Then, silence.

Was that her? Should I go after her? Is that something I'm supposed to do?

I don't know, I don't know anything about relationships.

Alex was right when he told me I'm only good at knowing what a girl's body looks like, not how she feels.

I huff and sit back on the bed, putting my head in my hands.

Thinking back to the conversation I had with him, it went about as terrible as it could've gone.

I decided, without consulting Aubrey, to tell Alex my feelings for his sister, and us dating. I thought he would support it, being my supposed 'best friend' and all.

The pain in my eye showed how wrong I was.

He laughed thinking it was a joke, but when he saw I wasn't laughing, reality set in. He was angry and retaliated by taking a swing at me, getting my eye.

Alex told me I wasn't good enough for his sister. I was a dirty player who used people.

Like he's a saint himself.

I scoff thinking about how we both did the same thing, made a challenge of it even, before I met her, and Alex met Camila.

Even the thought of how I used to act makes me cringe. I would punch myself too.

There was so much turmoil, that in that moment, I thought to put an end to everything. The words Alex put in my head convinced me that ending things with Aubrey was the right decision.

How cowardly and stupid of me.

I came to college to get away from a father that's only purpose of acknowledging me was to make my life decisions for me.

When did I die, and a bit*h took over?

I laugh lightly. If there's one thing right about what he said, she truly deserves someone better, someone who won't break her heart.

I can't stand to be alone with my thoughts and regrets any longer, so I stand up and put on athletic clothes.

Going to the gym will help burn off steam.

On my way out of the apartment, I could hear more arguing from Alex's room. Him and Camila.

I smile as I left, knowing he deserves it.

My car ride was silent, as I was even too angry to put on any music.

At one of the stoplights, every car stopped as an ambulance flew by.