f i v e

Chapter 5 : College Classes

I was having the most wonderful dream. I was winning a pie eating contest. Mmm, pie...

But my dream was rudely interrupted by an alarm clock. That could only mean one thing - classes were starting.

Don't get me wrong, I've been excited to finally start my college classes, but I decided to take morning classes...

You know? This might be okay. I can have class in the morning, then go to work in the afternoon. It will all work out.

First things first- I need to get out of bed. Lucky for me, my brother isn't awake, and neither is Jay. That means I get to shower and get ready in peace.

I hopped in the shower and took a quick one, just enough to wake me up, but also to be clean. I can't smell on the first day now. After my shower, I blow dried my hair, letting it fall against my back.

I spent about 15 minutes trying to pick out an outfit, because I had several thoughts going through my head. What if it's too nice? What if it's too sloppy? What if everyone gets the wrong idea about me? My outfit was important to me.

I settled with a pair of worn, high waisted jean shorts, a light pink, loose shirt, and my grey cardigan. It's perfect.

I grabbed my backpack off my desk chair and went to the fridge to grab some food. I glanced at the clock, 35 minutes. Unfortunately, I can't eat much for breakfast, because I get a stomachache. I settled for something light- an apple. I love a good apple.

I wanted to head to class extra early because I just knew I would get lost. If I do, I can just ask someone where my building is. Luckily, I don't have a problem with talking to new people.

My class began at 8:30, and it was 8:05. I threw away my apple core and left my apartment, locking the door.

As I was heading outside, I saw Sara walking along the sidewalk. "Sara!" I yelled to her.

She looked around frantically before she saw me, and a smile made its way to her face. I ran to catch up with her.

"Hey..uh?" She greeted. She doesn't remember my name..well for one, when I met her she seemed drunk..

"Aubrey" I finished, smiling.

"Right, Aubrey." she slapped her forehead, "Sorry, my mind blanked. I was thinking about my classes. I'm heading to my first one right now."

I laughed in response. "It's fine, I forget things too. I'm heading to class as well, what are the odds? I have a statistics class first, yay me."

"With Ms. Woods?" She asked and I nodded. "You'll see my cousin! She's taking that class too!"

My face lit up, "Really? What's her name? Maybe I can sit by her."

"Her name is Lizzy. Well, Elizabeth, but she likes going by Lizzy." Sara started to ramble off.

"So where are you heading?" I asked her. I didn't know her that well but if we were going to be friends, I at least needed to know what she studied...

"I'm heading to a teaching course. I want to major in education." She stated proudly.

"Wow, that's awesome. I could never teach kids, too much pressure."

"That's why it interests me so much. If they're young, I can have such an impact on their life, for the better. I can help a child achieve their life goal."

"I never thought of it that way.." I trailed.

"Yeah, my mom is a teacher, and she talks to me about this stuff all the time." She looks around at a building. "Oh, this is my stop. Bye! Keep going straight and make a right in two buildings, that's your class!" She shouted and ran to her class.