s e v e n

Chapter 7 : An Average Day on Campus?

The first thing that came to my mind when I woke up in the morning, was pain. Straight pain.

On top of that, I couldn't move my legs. That's what you get for overworking yourself - my conscious taunted.

I used my arm to fling my body to the side, so my head would face my clock. It read 8:47, which means I was going to be late for my class.

Crap.

I turned my head to the door and shouted my brother's name. There was no response after 10 seconds, so I tried again. Again, no response.

I begin to freak out a little bit because I was running out of options and time.

My door busts open and in walks the man I didn't call for. "What are you screaming about? Please, some of us are trying to get beauty rest."

"In that case you should be in a permanent hibernation because clearly one night isn't enough to make you look at least a little presentable." I mumbled.

His face fell, "Hey!" he whined like a child. "Stop yelling for you brother he isn't even here. He left early this morning."

I pressed my lips in a flat line. I could ask Jay for help but that seems a little weird. It's not like I'm naked or anything, I'm wearing clothes.

And we're friends, right? Friends help friends.

"Did I ever tell you how cool of a roommate you are?" I smiled sweetly at him.

He eyed me questionably, "What are you doing? What do you want?"

"Can't a girl just give a compliment?" I replied.

"Well I hardly consider you a girl." I hit him with a pillow once he finished his sentence.

"For your information, I am a girl, and this girl needs some assistance."

He gasped, "You're asking me to help you? You're just using me!" He shook his head "The audacity."

I rolled my eyes, "There's lactic acid in my legs and I can't move them, can you help me get to the bathroom?"

He thought for a second before a smirk made its way to his face. "Well if you wanted me in the shower with you, you could've come up with a better excuse."

"That's not what I meant!" I screamed to him, and he laughed. "I have more pillows" I threatened.

He put his arms up in defeat, "No more pillows please, my hair will be a wreck."

I snort. It already is.

"Hey!" Jay whined again.

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes, you did. And can I just say, hurtful." He put a hand to his heart.

"I need to stop speaking my thoughts! Now help, I only have a few minutes before I'm late."

He walks over to me and looks at the hand I outstretched for him to grab but he shakes his head. Instead, he wants to show off how strong he is, as all guys want to do, and he picks me up, bridal-style.

"No, no! Put me down! I'm too heavy!" I complained trying to get out of his grip.

He looked at me with a look of disbelief. "You? Heavy? You aren't heavy, why would you even think that?" I didn't reply and hung my head in shame. That's something I can't tell you.

He carried me to the bathroom and let go once I was close enough to grab the bathroom counter. "When I said, 'I need help to get to the bathroom' I didn't mean carry me!" I crossed my arms over my chest. That move only resulted in pain in my legs now that weight was applied to them.