o n e

Chapter 1 : Stay Out Of My Way, Princess

"Welcome to college, sis." My brother says as he opens the door to the apartment.

My brother is a year older than me, and he has been in college for a year. He lives with his roommate in their apartment and since I am in college now, he offered me their spare room.

I walk into the apartment taking in everything. The apartment is fairly big. The kitchen has an island where we can sit and eat. The kitchen opens into a living room, which features an "L" shaped couch. There was a flat screen on the wall with, of course, my brothers X box on a table underneath, a Wii U next to it.

There were three rooms in the apartment, two on one side of the apartment, and one on the other. "Okay so my door will be cracked most of the time, knock before you come in if the door closed." he paused to think some more. "If you hear noises coming from the room, do NOT come in, the door will be locked anyway, but still." Alex said grabbing my shoulders and shaking them for emphasis.

"Wh-" I stopped myself, "Oh. Eww." I said, scrunching my face in disgust. Alex shrugged in response.

"Well, what do you expect? It's college, I am free to do anything I want" he said as if this was something to be proud of. He took out his phone and started to text someone while walking to his room. "I'm gonna chill in my room, make yourself at home."

"Wait, which room is mine?" I ask, because both doors were closed, and I was scared to choose wrong.

"The open one." Alex said without taking his eyes off his phone. That didn't help... but before I could say something else, he was in his room.

I stood there, rocking on my heals, unsure of what to do now. I should probably drop all my stuff in my room first, then watch some TV, or maybe get some food. I nodded to myself, "Good plan Aubrey".

I hesitantly walk to the first door on the right and cautiously opened the door. I took a step in, and I heard a squish noise. I freeze and look down. I stepped on a half-eaten sandwich. I let out a very loud screech and jumped, but instead of jumping out of the room, I went further into the room. I panicked and tried to scramble out of the room, but I tripped on the foot of the bed and fell on the ground. I opened my eyes and before me was a pair of underwear, most likely dirty. I screamed once more and I got to my feet and sprinted out of the room, probably faster than the flash.

Alex pops his head out of his door, "Everything okay?" Clearly, he didn't understand what horrors I just went through.

"Peachy." I grumble sarcastically as I walk to the second door. I open the door and hide behind the door frame. I peek my head around the side to make sure I was in the right room this time. It was my room, thankfully.

I walk in and look around. The room was cute. There was a queen sized bed in the center of the room and a dresser on the left side of the room. There was an empty spot on the wall I would most likely put a desk there for work, and a closet in the far corner.

A thought came to me, where's the bathroom? There is a door on the right side of the room, I hope it led to a bathroom. I open the door and smile, "Yes! I get a bathroom!" My smile immediately falls, there is another door in this bathroom. Please don't lead to where I think it will. I open the door and was greeted with the same putrid smell from the room I entered earlier. "No! I have to share a bathroom with the slob?"

I slam his door and exit the bathroom, my hand in a fist. I leave my room and march into Alex's room. "How come I have to share a bathroom with your slob of a roommate?"

Alex was laying on his bed with his phone still, he shut it off and set it next to him. He sat up smiling, "Because I called dibs on this room, and you weren't here so nothing was an issue. I don't see what the big deal is." He said shrugging.