| 43: Going Further |

"I hope you can come back again to teach me, Miss!" The words the young boy spoke filled my void of thoughts until we returned to the castle.

A familiar sinister figure greeted me, taking my hand. I just got back, can't he spare me a break? I looked at Rowan wondering what he had in mind this time. It was deep into the night, and I didn't catch any sleep on the ride away from the chapel.

"Did you enjoy your day, milady?" He asked more politely than usual.

"Calling me milady now huh? I guess today was alright." I don't mean to sound snarky at him but I just really  want to sleep. The drowsiness urging me to rest my head on his chest. As tired as I am I still notice the little things like how he never changes the cologne he uses.

"Tired? I can walk you to your room, you should take a rest now since I have plans for you and I tomorrow. I spent the past while working on my duties to make time." His hand was softly patting my head.

"You're being unusually mellow."

"Because I've missed you a lot while you were gone."

His hand that was patting my head for the past peaceful minute fell down to my waist and he pulled my body closer to his. Right outside the castle gates under the eerie spell of night we stand having another somewhat emotional moment.

I open my mouth, about to say something, anything because I just feel like something needs to be said, but Rowan lifts me up like the concept of mass didn't exist and carries me to my room, placing me down onto the bed with care.

"So just what have you been up to while I was lured away by Luca and his pretty flowers?" 

Rowan sighed and unbuttoned the fit black vest he wore above a maroon polo, Is it really necessary he does that before responding to my question?

"I spent most of the time figuring how to find you and get you back unharmed. That white haired bastard mage screwed us over by leaving only the most basic pieces of his information. I went through a lot of investigating to find out about his past affairs with Leone Avince."

"I'm still feeling a bit nosy with the relationship those two have, it was a sudden turn of events you know?"

"Just another one of those cases of a forbidden romance. If the tragedy hadn't occurred as soon as it did, perhaps Avince could've made their relationship possible, after all by then he'd have been the king."

"It still makes me feel pretty sad though." I once again recall the haunting image of Luca left behind. I can't see it going away any time soon. 

"You know what might help cheer you up?" Rowan poked at my cheek in a playful manner.

"What?"

"Turn those emotions of yours into a song, their story would make great inspiration wouldn't it? And I don't think you should just settle for a court mage that can only play the songs of others and not compose their own."

I'm left dumbfounded at the words my beloved usually an ass prince spoke. "That's the most thoughtful thing you've ever told me." 

"You make it sound like I treat you rudely all the time."

"Even if you did, in the end I'd still be in love with you. Oh but there are still limits, Rowan!"

"Of course." He chuckled, leaving a quick kiss on my forehead before exiting my room to let me rest.

I want to stay awake for a while longer, sort my thoughts and take a nice warm shower, but my eyes shut to the sleep I was aching to have, the one and only thing on my mind being 'I'm going to compose my own song.'