| 22 : Feverish |

Day 55
Evening

After getting soaked in rain in the afternoon, I dried myself up then fell asleep afterwards until I was woken up by Kace in the evening for dinner. The moment I turned my head to get up I felt a throbbing pain, as if my head had the weight of a brick.

My breathing was shallow and I was still curled up in my blankets. Don't tell me I got sick because of what happened earlier...

The door knob turned open and Kace came in. I was so bothered by the throbbing pain in my head I forgot he was knocking on the door.

"Riselle, it's time for dinner. Are you not feeling well?"

"I... Don't know." I grip the sheets. Kace walks over to me and presses his hand against my forehead.

"You're burning hot. I heard from one of the maids that Luca came in carrying you and you were both soaked. It probably got you a fever. What were you two doing out in the rain?"

"Don't know." I groaned. "Luca's acting all weird."

"Ahh. You can rest then, I'll bring your food here for you." He responded with a pretty neutral look on his face, then left my room.

I turned my body to lay on my right side, staring over to the windows and visioning when I stood there. That was so stupid to do. Just what was I thinking? If it weren't for Luca I would've seriously been a goner.

Even after my long nap, it seemed the rain still hasn't stopped. It wasn't any stronger nor weaker than it was earlier, strangely enough.

After sometime of more thinking and an existential crisis, The door opens. Instead of Kace without the food, it was the prince. Oh but he was holding the food. A tray of soup, a plate of fruits, and water. Of course it'd be sick people food. Tsktsk.

"Good evening my bride." He greets, placing the tray on the desk by my bed, then he sits down on the edge of my bed. I sit up and distance myself in return.

"Who are you calling bride..."

"You." He grins. "Now come here and eat. If you feel too weak to do that then I'll feed you."

My face already felt extremely warm, so getting flustered wouldn't make any difference. But damn this cocky prince! "I can feed myself." I roll my eyes and scoot to the edge of my bed. Consequently that would mean I'm now sitting beside the prince.

I attempted to grab the bowl but the soup was still scalding hot and make me flinch.

"Need help?" Rowan offers.

"No I don't! I'll just wait until the soup cools down a little." I take my eyes off of the soup and go for the fruits instead. Taking the orange slices.

I wasn't exactly hungry, but eating would help the awkward atmosphere of it being just me and the prince here.

"I saw what happened earlier." Rowan says abruptly.

"What? Me and Luca?"

"Yes."

"You saw everything? Did you hear everything?" I started to panic. And the pains in my head felt sharp.

"Who knows."

"Don't give me that!" No! What if he heard about when I was talking about feelings! This is shameful!

The overwhelming emotion was too much for my weak state and I fell to my side, flopping onto my pillow. "Man my face feels like it's burning up, but the rest of my body feels so cold." I mumble.

I felt Rowan's arms snake around my waist and he pulls me over to lean against him instead. My head was against his chest, and I could feel how muscular he was.

"What are you doing?" I ask softly, feeling too weak to fight back or push him away. But he was comfortably warm. And his heartbeat was steady.

Then I realized the position I was in. My heartbeat was so strong it felt like it was going to come out of my throat. And I worried the prince may notice it.

"Luca got to hold you closely. It's only fair that I do to." His hand softly touches my cheek, then makes its way up until he was brushing his hand through my hair, and I felt myself begin to calm down. "Human warmth is far better than wrapping yourself in a blanket, isn't it?"

"I-i don't know." I wanted to deny it, but I truthfully wished I could stay like this with Rowan for hours.

No I shouldn't think that! That's falling right into his trap!

I began to feel sleepy after a while. There wasn't any conversation between me and the prince, he just held me in his arms and watched me as if I was a precious gem. I didn't want to fall asleep, but my eyes began to get real heavy. Fighting sleep is the natural enemy of us humans.

"Rowan... I'm sleepy." My voice was soft and weak.

"I'll be here with you until you fall asleep."

Might as well fall asleep now then. But I still wanted to stay in this moment. I mean I don't.

I do, but I also don't?

But looking at him like this, his features felt so endearing.

"Rowan has lovely eyes. Rowan is a jerk, with lovely eyes. Oh but he's also a good prince."

"What did you say?" He chuckles. "My beloved complimented me for the first time? You should get sick more often.".

Oh I said that out loud? Oops. I feel too tired to think straight, whatever comes to my mind, I blurt out of my mouth. "Good night, prince." I shut my eyes, falling asleep in his arms.

"Good night, Riselle."