| 47 : A Wedding Song |

Annette and I went our separate ways soon after, she still had a few things left to do before returning to Acullis. And I'm left strolling around, my mind overwhelmed by the bustling crowds, all the more I can't think of how to begin composing my song.

Perhaps I should just stop thinking about it for now. 

A part of me just wanted to give up on it entirely. Continue playing the music that already exists, but would I be content? And I bet I'd get another mouthful from Adria if she finds out I just gave up on my new goal so quickly.

"Riselle!"

Speaking of the devil!

In the center of the town, where all folks gather, in this little bubble of mine in between all that, who thought Adria would find me. Do I stand out? I let out a sigh and watch my friend with her growing belly walk over to me with her fiancé.

Well, no one would be able to tell she's pregnant yet.

"Hello Adria, Dante. What are you two doing here?" I greet them, Dante only waves nonchalantly in response. Very much Dante.

"More like what are you doing out here? Dante and I are buying stuff for the baby!" She motions to the large bag her fiancé was holding. "You never go out to the center of town by yourself."

"I just... needed to get some peace of mind."

"Was meeting the king that perturbing? Oh poor you." Adria comes up close enough to pat my back.

"Actually no, but yes? I mean it was certainly perturbing but not in a bad way. And it isn't why I'm out here today."

"If that's the case... Oh! Why not come along with us-"

"And third wheel you two? No thanks." I shoot this pushy woman a scowl.

"But Riselle pleeeaaase! We'll need an extra hand in carrying our purchases! It's not like you have anything better to do." She clings onto my arm which I irritatingly feel sink into her chest.

"I said no."

"You shouldn't force her if she really doesn't want to, I'm fine with carrying this all by myself." Dante-my-new-savior tells Adria, and like an obedient puppy she lets go of my arm while whimpering. Who knew I'd get to see the wild animal all tamed.

 "We'll be on our way then." he waves a quick goodbye before taking Adria's hand. The two of them leave and once again I'm alone wondering if I'll end up encountering another friend.

As long as it isn't the ghost of Luca and Leon. Or that damned Lucia. 

Jokes aside seeing someone who supposedly died isn't any fun.

Watching the presence of Dante and Adria fade, it only now clicks that it's going to be their wedding in a few days.

What was the purpose of the song I was writing? A memorial for Luca and Leon? A soap opera?

Maybe I needed to make that clear.

I can write a song to play on their wedding! The idea came so quick I was disappointed that after all this thinking I finally catch an idea when barely thinking at all. Anyways I have my starting point now and that's important.

And composing the song has to start today if I want to finish it on time.

I get a hold of a carriage as soon as I can find one and head back to the castle.

Rushing past everyone, leaving surprised looks on their faces I return to my quarters eager to write before the inspiration and energy to compose leaves my body. There, I find Rowan fast asleep on my bed.

"Just what is he doing here?" I murmer. Since he's asleep I might as well just leave him be. If I wake him then I won't be getting any writing done.

I turn my head away from his peaceful, distracting, sleeping face and take my seat by my desk where I had left my paper to begin writing.

Adria, my best friend, my very first original composition is going to be for you!

And the tentative title for this piece will be A wedding song. Not too creative but it's only tentative, I'll hopefully think of something better once I finish.