| 32 : Unfortunately Usual |

Day 104
Morning

"Today marks the 30th day since I've last seen the prince."

"He'll be back soon! I'm sure he will, besides he wouldn't miss your 18th birthday right?"

"Yeah..."

It was my 18th birthday, but instead of seeing it like that, I saw it more as another day of the prince being busy. I felt somewhat worried, I had guessed it was something big because this time he had to take Luca with him.

Since then, the castle hasn't been as cheery as usual being just me, Adria, and Kace here. For the past 30 days I haven't been doing much. Left to town with Adria a few times, visited my parents once, learned a few cooking recipes from Kace. And I also decided to tell the loudmouth brunette about how I felt towards the prince.

"So have you thought about it yet? Accepting the engagement?"

"I told you I don't want to think about that right now."

"But you love him don't you? You want to be with him right?!"

"Love?!"

"Yes!"

I had the subtle feeling everyday Adria's frustration grew worst. Soon enough she'll pull up with a gun pointing at the sky telling me to just marry him already.

The two of us sat on the stone pavements in the tranquility of the garden. Perhaps using the chairs under the shade was better but for some reason we chose to sit here.

"Just why do you hesitate Riselle?" Adria asked. Her chin rested on her hands while both of us stared at the flowers and petals getting blown by moderate winds. "Why is it so hard for you to accept the prince? Literally the prince wants to marry you! You're set for life! I know I did say I'll support you no matter what your choice is, but you said it yourself. You want to remain by the prince's side."

"I'll decide something soon."

She looked dissatisfied with my answer, but that's all I could say. She's right, I'm being indecisive but I just don't feel ready yet. I've only just come to accepting my feelings. "We should go get breakfast." I tell Adria and get up from sitting on the crusty pavements, dusting the behind of the light dress I was wearing.

We both head over to the usual dining area. Usual dining area, usual breakfast. Kace served the food looking as usual as ever.

"Happy birthday Riselle." Kace greeted.

"Thanks!" I respond and take my seat.

"A messenger pigeon has come a little while ago." The male tells me, while adjusting his gloves.

"Oh? What did it say?"

"The prince and Luca might not make it to your birthday."

"Ah... I understand." It pained me to hear the news but there's nothing for me to do.

"I sense a growing feeling of longingness coming from you."

"No shit sherlock. She's in love with the prince!" Adria exclaimed. She looked to me with a scowl. "This girl..."

"Is that what it is?" Kace looked somewhat hurt. In terms of his feelings towards mine and my feelings towards ehem someone else, there was no exchange of such topic between the two of us. All I can assume right now was that Kace was still holding on. "Well then. I'm sure the two will return soon. They've only left to help deal with a terrorist grouped that kidnapped a missionary from the kingdom of Acullis." He continued.

So that's what it was.

The day continued on like normal. Even after hearing that Luca and Rowan might not be able to return in time, I was still holding onto the hope that they would. But I feel like it's selfish of me to think that way.

Sitting in front of the piano with my hands hovering over the keys, I look at my ring finger imagining what it would look like with a ring around it. A ring given by the prince. I wholeheartedly wish that if the day does so come, he doesn't spend 10 lifetimes worth on a ring.

I'm a firm believer that the cost never affects the sentimental value of an item!

"Hey Riselle!" Adria bursts into the music hall. "Are you alright with Dante and his cousin coming over later for dinner? Ya knooow, just to make your birthday evening a little more fun?"

"Yeah sure." I reply nonchalantly. So I guess it was going to be me, Kace, Adria, Aunt Aline, Dante, and Lucia on the list. Lucia was the cousin of Dante. And she was intimidatingly beautiful. Long ashen hair with thin blue eyes. I met her a few times, never spoke to her because she seemed particular with the people she approached.

Or maybe she's just a bitch. Who knows? My first impression however is that she is one.

"Your parents aren't coming?" The brunette asks me.

"Last time when we visited them at house Dahlia my dad said they're going to a really far away kingdom."

"Aww good for them! Living out their best days to the fullest. I hope I can be like that with Dante in the future!"

"Sounds like a nice vision you have- the two of you."

"Right?" Adria was all smiles talking about Dante. She clearly loves him a lot and doesn't shy away when talking about how she feels for him. "We even have plans for children! If it's a girl, we'll name her Runa! And if a boy, Viktor!"

"Those are nice names." I wince. The names were pretty but I just couldn't imagine having children. Pregnancy? Hell nah! I could go on for centuries about how why it freaks me out.

"Oh and we also plan to adopt cats! I want 10 of them!"

"10?!"

"Yes!"

"Future old cat lady has been born." I murmured. But honestly I could envision myself in a room full of cats. Fluffy sweet animals, well not all the time sweet. I've had my fair share of experiences with them but In the end they're still adorable. "Future old cat lady might be me."