| 2 : Cold butler |

I was later taken to my 'new room', whether I wanted to be here or not wasn't my choice. If I were to say no, he might even put my parents on the chopping block. Besides, they're probably weeping tears of joy for me.

Imagining their reaction to this made me quite irked, but oh well. I've got to admit this is a nice place.

The room given to me was quite spacey, it had it's own restroom and balcony. The main area, where the giant bed for peaceful slumber layed, was fully carpeted and made my feet feel fuzzy. There was even a pretty chandelier hanging from above me. Quite extra. But then again, this is within the castle of royalty.

"The prince has told me that you are free to roam around the house, and use the music room and it's instruments whenever." The butler who accompanied me to my room told me.

'Even the butler is extra.'

I almost couldn't comprehend what he was saying as I got so caught up in observing his features. Chestnut brown hair, with the same color eyes. Slender body and I, well damn

He could almost rival the prince. Almost.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Kace Morozova"

"Nice..." I responded awkwardly, realizing I didn't know what to say next. Curse you non-existent communication skills!

"I shall take my leave now, Miss Astor. Feel free to approach me whenever needed." He lowered his head for a brief moment then left.

"O-ok." I pouted as Kace left, then closed the door. Part of me honestly wanted to have a little conversation with him, who knows, he might be real nice! But he's probably busy with his duties as a butler.

I skip over to the bed and plop onto it like a starfish. It was soft, not much different from my room in house Dahlia. But it was nice.

I feel pretty confused at the moment, with all this happening so suddenly. But if I were to think about it too much I'll only feel like garbage. I turned over to my back and stared at the ceiling in a daze. What am I to expect now? I'm suddenly living in the castle not sure what the prince really wants from me. I mean, I still look a little young to play his late mother, if that's what he's expecting.

"Miss Astor, may I enter?" It sounded like a middle aged woman. Due to how I was addressed I'm assuming it may be one of the maids.

"Yes." I respond, sitting up.

The door is slowly pushed open and there enters a lady in a maid uniform holding many dresses in her arms.

"I have brought a change of clothing for you while waiting for your own belongings to arrive. This was the prince's orders." She walks in gently and places the dresses beside me on my bed.

"The prince is doing quite much for me... Why?"

Usually, I wouldn't try to make much conversation with those I have never met before. But at the moment, I'm confused. And the maid's soft features made me feel rather comfortable.

Back in house Dahlia, I barely spoke with the maids because a lot of them had a frightening aura.

"Well, Miss Astor." The maid giggled. "The prince may see you as a potential bride! I've never seen him give any lady such treatment."

"Is that so?" I give the maid a doubtful expression. Me? A potential bride? Me becoming a queen? I wouldn't even dare to dream that high.

Besides, I wish to remain a maiden till death. A lovely maiden who is well known in the world of music! Or marry a handsome, passionate man just like in the stage plays often performed for the public!

"Do you not like the prince?"

"No! No... I well, just heard rumors."

Now that the maid asks it that way... I feel like a bad person for assuming the prince is a fearsome beast without actually knowing him.

"It is true that prince Rowan does not hesitate to take the lives of his enemies. But he is a kind man." The maid tells me with a tender smile, and for a couple minutes we just sit in silence till she pardons to leave.

Perhaps for now It would be a good idea to explore the castle and find their music hall. My hands are itching to play something.