| 16 : History lessons |

Day 47
Morning

The past week, I've been thinking of what Luca told me. I almost went with the decision of just leaving the castle, but I couldn't bare the thought of abruptly parting with Adria, or Kace, or Luca, or Aunt Aline... I'd be lying now if I said I wouldn't give a damn about the prince.

I've grown to stop hating him and seeing him as a wild beast. Scratch the fact he murdered almost all of house Lunaria because they kidnapped me.

"You seem preoccupied. Still thinking about what I told you back then?" I heard Luca's voice coming from behind me. I currently sit in front of the piano, staring at it absentmindedly. "Why don't you just apply as court musician? Then you'll have a better reason for staying here."

"Yeah... But the prince. You said he'd-"

"I've thought of something else for him." He grimaced, then took a seat beside me. "I'm going to gather beauties from the other kingdoms. Perhaps he'll be interested in one of them."

"Eh? You have the power to do that?"

"Indeed I do." The mage paused, twirling his long white hair around his finger. "If not already obvious, I'm from a foreign kingdom, and I'm well acquainted with their king. He'll be more than happy to lend a few of his ladies."

"Psh. You people auction them off like dolls."

"No one is auctioning them off." He rolls his eyes. "Those ladies are looking to get with the rich. I'm sure you've played enough attention to your lessons to understand why."

"I, ack-"

"You?"

"Of course I can understand why plenty would want to marry the prince but uh..."

"Just spit it out."

"Guess you could say when it comes to anything other than nature and music my brain just goes 'poof'!" I make little hand movements to accompany the poof.

"I'm disappointed, but not suprised." Luca puts his hand on his forehead. And after a few moments he gives me a foreboding smile. "You know, I loved my history lessons."

"Eek!" I get off of where I sat then run to the farthest end of the room. "You better not force me into history lessons!"

"And if I do?"

"No!" I sprint out of the music hall and head straight for my room. The maids and guards I passed by all watched my run with confusion and concern on their faces. Probably assuming I did something to upset the prince again.

Once I reach my room, I get in and lock the door behind me. I rested my body against the door with my eyes closed while catching my breath. While doing so, a familiar sent was in the air. And I realized what an idiot I was if I thought I could outrun a royal court mage.

"A little too slow, don't you think?" Both is arms were firm beside me, trapping me there. "We are having history lessons. Whether you like it or not." His aura was sinister. The smile, the tone of voice. And why am I in this position with him?! "Oh how I always wanted to teach!"

"Pfft I'm pretty sure you won't want to teach no more after trying to teach me." I begin wheezing.

I had a lot of teachers back then, that were very enthusiastic in the beginning. Not even a day into the lesson they'd consider me hopeless. It never really bothered me though, since I had music.

But it would be nice too to have brains in the other lessons.

With that, I was taken into Luca's library and forced to listen to him teach me history. Starting at the very beginning of how all the kingdoms formed.

"I literally just discussed that a few minutes ago!" Luca slammed his book on his desk in frustration, making me sit up straight from the shock. "How can you not answer that?"

"You lost me at 'the establishment of the kingdoms began with great king whatever his name was." I pouted. "I told you, I'm hopeless when it comes to academics. My parents even got some of the best teachers from this kingdom to educate me and nothing worked."

"Well for your information, I'm far better than any teacher in any of the kingdoms."

"Yeah sure, mr. I-have-an-ego-higher-than-my-intelligence." I retort, and get up my seat. "Just give it up, academics just isn't for me and it's simply because for one, it's boring."

Before the smartass mage could respond to me, I leave the library. Part of me felt irritated. Maybe he just made me feel like I was dumb? Hell like at this point I'd care if I was or wasn't.

"My my, is the beloved Riselle upset?" The prince seemed to be passing by when he noticed me. "Pardon me for eavesdropping, but it seems Donovan has been troubling you?"

"No..." I sigh. "His intentions were good. Also don't call me beloved!" I scowl.

"Why not?" He grabs my hand then gently kisses my fingertips.

"W-what are you doing?" I pull my hand away from him and my face heats up in shock. "It's a little... Weird for you to call me beloved. And uh anyway. I have something else to ask of you!" I respond awkwardly. Everytime I'm with this man he always does something weird, sheesh.

"And what is that?"

"I would like to apply as court musician!"

"Seems okay with me." He answered without hesitation.

"Just like that? I mean- you know, court musician that gets payed and stuff."

"Yeah."

"Like the legitimate job. So I have a valid reason to stay here. You're really ok with that? Not going to give any second thought?"

"Anything for you, beloved Riselle." He smirks. "But-"

"But?"

"You have dinner with me tonight. Just the two of us."

"Ehh I guess that's ok."

"Great, I'll see you this evening then. Since I'll be out this afternoon." He leaves me with an awfully cute wink. I hate to admit that. Ugh.

"Good for you! Our plan is going smoothly then." Luca's head sticks out of the door to his library and he grins.

"Just what is with you people and eavesdropping? That's disrespectful you know!"

"Aww. Is the beloved Riselle mad?" He teases at me and I glare at him in return.

"I'm going to go play piano and clear my head. Tsk." I really need it right now.