| 18 : Raindrop Prelude |

Day 48
Noon

"You've been here all day." I hear the sound of the door creaking open, and Kace appears. "Preparing for the performance, I assume?"

"Yep! I want to do perfectly for my very first performance on the job!"

"Remember not to overwork yourself."

"Of course." I smile at him. The peaceful atmosphere I had all day had put me in a good mood. "Would you like me to play you a song Kace? Do you have a favorite?"

"Well I suppose the raindrop prelude would be nice."

"Ooh I like that one! I'll play that for you." Times like this was one of the rare opportunities for me to do something in front of Kace, the almost Mary Sue, with pride. Honestly, if he worked on his Charisma and knew a way with people when it comes to words, he'd be a perfect model entity.

I stretch my fingers, and back, then place my fingers on the piano keys, playing the Raindrop Prelude for Kace. One could describe pressing the keys like drops of rain. Sometimes serene, sometimes angry and harsh. Ah, but I'd never let a kid touch my piano because they treat it harshly. Very literally, harsh.

I will never put any piano through the same horror the day my mom  thought it was alright to let my 7 year old nephew who had zero sentimentality and care for things that wasn't his, touch my piano.

"You're very gifted in music, Riselle." Kace tells me once the song is finished.

"That's an honor coming from you." I smile calmly. But deep inside I was ecstatic to recieve such a complement from him. "Oh and by the way. You aren't busy?"

"Nope. Actually I have something to tell you. I'm just following Adria's advice, so if I say something that makes you uncomfortable, please let me know."

"O-okay." What is that shrewd woman up to this time?!

"Ah please give me a moment." He stops to pull a piece of paper from the pocket of his slick black pants, and clears his throat. "Riselle Astor, you're beautiful with eyes that shine like a sto-"

"You can uhh. Cut off the cheesy stuff. It makes me feel awkward." I sigh. I'd like to think Adria written that, but I don't think she'd write something so cliché.

"My apologies. Riselle, you are someone very special to me. You've always been. You have a kind, positive and good spirited heart. Even despite how at first my approach to you was quite formal to the point It sounded cold, you still insisted on becoming my friend."

"Aww I'm touched!"

"And out of my control, I have grown romantic feelings for you."

"Ahh." Should've seen that coming.

"I like you Riselle."

"Kace..." I stop to think of what to say next. I need to respond to this properly. I can't just say the same thing I told the prince! "Well, what exactly do you want to become of the both of us?"

Yes, calm down and don't come to conclusions. He could just be telling me this for closure.

"I wish for an engagement."

"Huh?" My soul leaves my body, and I stare hopelessly into the void.

"I'm not forcing you to answer to that now, Riselle. But please give it thought."

"I will answer you. Now." For the best.

The hopeful look on Kace's face made guilt spread through my body like a plague. Every one of my blood cells was pleading I say it in the nicest way possible. "Y-you see, I'm not interested in marriage or dating at the moment."

"Then I'll wait until you're ready."

"I-" really have to be direct with this mans, huh? "Kace, I'm rejecting your proposal. You're nice, amazing, good looking. Someone who can love you unconditionally should be the one to stand by you, and that someone isn't me. Please."

"I understand." He retracts his gaze from me and looks at the ground, visibly sad. "But, the offer is still here if you ever change your mind."

"You're really persistent hm?" I let out a penitent laugh.

"Always, when it comes to you. I must return to my duties now, do take care and don't overwork yourself Riselle." He waves goodbye with those sad eyes of his, and leaves the music hall. Now it's just me, my guilt and this piano. Ah well. It was unavoidable.