| 34 : Luminous |

Day 104
Evening

Hours passed and the dark cloudy skies loomed above the carriage that finally came to a halt.

"We have arrived, lady Astor." The door was opened for me and I step out, my hands holding my dress up to the extent I could exit without tripping ungraciously.

The grass being blown by the wind brushed against my skin once my feet met land, and before me was the splendor of a flower field. Not just any flower field, but iridiscent flowers that were the same deep blue as Rowan's piercing orbs.

"My apologies for taking you out somewhere like this so late and abrupt. But I felt like you'd like it."

The prince was standing a few meters away from me, he held his hand out and I wondered if he was just doing a cliché pose, or expecting me to take his hand. "It's fine. This place is really pretty." My eyes were still held captive by the entrancing flowers I had the blessing to see. I wanted to stare at them for a little while longer, but I shifted my gaze to Rowan who was walking over to me. "Are you and Luca done with whatever you had to deal with?"

"Things didn't go as smoothly as planned but we did manage." He smiled and took my hand, interwining our fingers. "Only because I didn't want to miss your special day." At that, I could once again feel the burning sensation creep up my face.

I used to hate it to an extreme extent- When he'd look at me with those eyes of his. They were like psychological attacks. They used to affect my head, but now they affect my heart as well.

And in a situation like this, they have twice the effect! But I didn't hate or fear the way he looks at me like he used to. "I-" I opened my mouth to speak but I didn't have anything to say.

"You?"

"Nothing."

Rowan looked at me with downcast eyes. "Don't get me all worked up just to say that."

"Sorry."

"So how were you the past month?" His downcast eyes faded away and he was now looking at me warmly.

"I was alright. Nothing much really went on without you and Luca around. And I kinda... Missed you." I said hesitantly. Admitting something so embarrassing felt really out of character for me, but all the things and feelings I want to let out feel like they're in a barrel that's about to explode. I think...

"Is that true?" A cocky smirk formed on his annoyingly charming face. "I've missed you lots. Thinking about you each and every day." His voice grew softer with every word. That sounds kinda creepy, prince.

"Ah... Haha, good to know." I chuckled awkwardly and pulled my hand away from him. The prince looked slightly dispirited after I did so, but the awkward atmosphere was beginning to furiously choke me here. "These flowers by the way, I've never heard of anything like them before." Flowers that glow such a beautiful blue hue.

"They're rare flowers that only grow on the border of Acullis and Elleris. There's an interesting legend about them too."

"Oooh I want to hear it!" I bent down to take a closer look at one of the luminous flowers.

"The legend speaks of a of a traveler; an adventurer. A long time ago.

There was a woman who often took this route from Revellis to Acullis, and back. She was brave, unproblematic, and kind.

And during her travels, she met a girl who sold mysterious blue flowers that would glow when the sun is hiding. Their paths met multiple times and the travelling lady started to grow interested in the life of the girl that sold those flowers. She later found out that by selling flowers, the girl was trying to make money to afford treatment because she was mildly sick.