| 3 : Clair de Lune |

"The castle is so hugeee... I'm lost!" I groaned.

I've been roaming around for probably half an hour now and I still have no idea where their music hall is. At this rate I might accidentally stumble into the prince's room. Or somewhere I'm not supposed to be.

"Miss Astor?" I hear the voice of the butler from earlier.

"Kace..." I say his name softly and turn my head to see him standing there with a tray in his hand. Being around him is making me shy!

"You appear to be lost."

"Uh- yeah."

"Are you going to the music room? I can accompany you there."

"Yes please..."

I was at a loss of words at that moment. So I silently followed him until we made it to where my heart ached to be.

We passed by a large number of rooms on our way there, perhaps another garden where other residents of the castle were out having tea, and we finally made it to the music hall.

"P-prince Rowan?!" The prince was inside the room. He stood as if waiting for me to enter, with a glass of wine in his hand.

"Rowan." He reminded.

"Rowan..." I sighed, then hesitantly entered the room. Kace slightly bowed his head then took his leave. Nooo, why leave me with him!

"Care to play a song for me?" His free hand motioned me to the piano.

Without any argument, I head towards the piano and take the seat in front of it. "Any requests?"

"Can you play Clair De Lune?" He asks me, and I nod.

"It's one of my favorites."

I began to play the song. I had memorized it by heart, and my fingers touched the keys like drips of water. How I missed this feeling, despite it being only a couple days since I had last touched a piano.

I didn't even have to look at where my hands struck the notes, my eyes were closed as I swayed with the melody. Calm like the rain.

And soon, it was over. I retracted my hands and felt slight joy wash over me. I was applauded by Prince Rowan as he walked over to me, still holding his wine.

"Remarkable, Riselle." His lifted his free hand up and touched the drills of my strawberry blonde hair. (Note: not to be confused with literal drills- like hair drills/locks/curls idk) "I wouldn't mind having you around to play me music whenever I feel like it."

I disregarded where his hand currently was, still touching my hair. I don't think any girl likes it when someone touches their hair.

"So you're saying you want me as the court musician? Or your private musician or something??" I couldn't hide the excitement in my voice. Forget the fear of getting my head chopped off, I might have the opportunity to spend the rest of my life playing music for the castle where a hot butler works, while also receiving good pay!

"Something like that." The prince gave me his eerily charming smile which sent chills up my spine.

"Something like that... Then what?"

Prince Rowan did not answer me, but instead kept smiling. Isn't it annoying when he does that? He doesn't even try to dodge the question! He just smiles silently and somehow it works! You damned prince!

"I want you as my bride." He spoke abruptly, his smile still not fading. But his voice was serious.

It seems the prince is a good prankster! Haha!

"Pri- I mean Rowan! That's not a funny joke!" My calm demanour just left the building and I felt myself getting flustered. I mean why would a prince even want to joke about that! If anyone else heard that, this will be in the town's newspapers!

"I'm serious."

"Pfft nah, you're obviously joking! See, you're smiling!" I force a laugh. Then he gives me a serious look. Uh oh.

He puts down his glass of wine, on the extra area of where I was seated, then he bends down to where we are now eye level and places both his hands beside me. Basically trapping me.

"Riselle Astor." The prince's ocean blue eyes looked at me like I was the only thing that existed that very moment. Why the heck does this feel like some cheesy romantic scene- I like it but I don't like it.

"If you think I'm asking for your hand because I find you attractive, you are completely wrong. I just need someone to shut my father up. He keeps telling me I need a bride."

All of a sudden his usual, very composed and princely tone disappeared. And he very much embodied the cocky, arrogant prince I said he was.

Where did that even come from?

What he said made me confused, and pissed.

He may be the prince, and maybe he'll chop my head off for this, but I do not tolerate someone talking to me in such way.

I raised my hand and slapped his face.

He stumbled back, and I took it as the opportunity to storm out of the room, accidentally knocking down his glass of wine, where it shattered against the floor. And I ran until I felt satisfied, entering a random room. Tired, I fell to my knees and mumbled "Jerk prince."