| 24 : Rose Scented |

Day 72
Very early morning

With only about two hours of sleep, I carried my legs to bring myself to the carriage. Looking like a walking corpse.

Because the trip from here to the kingdom of Revellis would be so long, it has been decided that we leave 2 in the morning. So I spent the evening before that packing my stuff. Got a bit of sleep then woke up to get ready.

I could just fall asleep again in the carriage though.

Once I got in, followed by the prince, accompanying us was his two most trusted guards. They both looked like middle-aged men. One had shaggy brown hair and the other was bald. They didn't seem to serious, and I get the vibe that they're pretty fun people to be around so I guess this trip won't feel too awkward.

"Riselle my love, you still look quite tired. If you would like, you can lean your head against my shoulder." The prince offered. There he is again with calling me his love. No point in arguing with it though.

"No thanks." I leaned my head against the carriage's rough wall. Once the carriage had started moving, the unsteady movements made it feel bothersome and hard to sleep. I immediately regretted saying no to Rowan because now my eyes were screaming to shut but this position I'm in just wasn't it.

I turned my head to look at him, and he was bantering with the guards. He stopped and looked at me after a brief moment.

"The offer is still up." His eyes were narrowing at me with that smile of his. I hate it when he does that. It irks me but he also looks extremely attractive.

"I'm only doing this because anything is better than the uncomfortable walls of the carriage." I narrow my eyes back at him then lean my head against his shoulders.

He smells so fragrant! Like a rose.

It smells kinda nostalgic.

His warmth was nice too. It felt like I had a warm rose scented pillow except it's not quite soft. But it was very quick to send me to sleep.

The closer I get to him, the deeper I fall into this abyss of feelings they call love. At this rate, I'm going to fall in love with the prince!

"Psst. Wake up sleepyhead." I feel myself get shaken lightly. "We've stopped to go grab lunch."

"Huh? Where are we now." I rub my eyes, trying to adjust to the daylight.

"Some village. We're pretty far away from Elleris now."

Right, kingdom of Elleris. I slightly cringed. I wasn't hating on the name of my own kingdom, but I was rather annoyed with my parents for naming me after the kingdom's name but in reverse. But nobody has pointed it out before so I guess it isn't too bad.

Though it makes me wonder if people don't notice, or they do but just choose not to say anything.

"Hmm okay." The two of us step out of the carriage and we're greeted by a happy group of individuals. I've never been in such a situation, so I just smile and wave back to them, like what the prince was doing.

"We'll be eating over at the village cheif's place. He's a good friend of the king so I'm sure he'll be more than happy for us to visit." The guard with shaggy hair tells us and takes the lead.

We soon reach a two-story house in a more secluded area. It had a stone walking area from the gate to the entrance, I'd say it's very pretty and much unlike most houses I've seen in the past.

"I've been expecting guests." An older man stands outside the door. His hair was light brown and tied up into a bun, and he had black eyes. Dressed in a large jacket and baggy jeans.

"Uncle." Rowan said with a light voice. He seemed to be happy to see this person.

"Rowan! My boy, you've grown so much. And- is that Riselle?" The man turns to me looking shocked. And I was also shocked.

"You know me?"

"Uncle she-"

"Don't worry boy, I know. I'm the king's good pal Rhys. You can call me uncle too. I used to come by the castle a lot when you two were kids. You've grown into such a fine woman!"

With my amazing communication skills, instead of responding I just smile at him and nod.

"Oho I bet you two are hungry now. Come on inside, let's eat. I've already prepared some food."

We all head inside and go straight to the dining room. The house was even more pretty on the inside than it was on the outside. It was minimalistic, but very refreshing.

Plates of stuffed turkey, beef, cordon bleu, calamari and salad was already on the table once we got there and took our seats. Apparently uncle Rhys was very prepared for this day.

"You really didn't have to cook this much for us uncle." Rowan tells him.

"Don't worry about it. I haven't seen you two in ages, I was even planning to throw a whole village party!" He teases. "Anyway, when's the engagement party you two?"

"Ehh? En-engagement?" I almost choke on the cordon bleu that I shoved in my mouth.

"You haven't asked for her hand in marriage yet? What are you doing boy?! I almost choked on my cherry tomato!" Uncle Rhys threw his hands in the air.

I slowly turned my head away feeling guilty since I was the one who rejected him in the first place.

"I will soon uncle. When she's ready."

My face is so quick to go red when the prince says something like that. Can't he just cut it with the smooth talking for once!

"Tsk tsk. You could've had it easier if you decided to approach Riselle a couple years earlier. What took you so long anyway?"

Uncle Rhys is right. Why only this year the prince decides to bring me back into his life.

"That's none of your business." Rowan's mood quickly changes.

"Pulled a string there did I? Alright then." Uncle Rhys snickers, and we all continue eating.

And now because of that, my curiosity is going to start bugging my conscience. It's very tempting to ask the prince the very same thing uncle did.

"It was because of another rose scented individual who used to follow her around all the time."