Don't touch my Can

Tin POV
I will never understand how Cantaloupe is so elusive but still looks like an open book. I also cannot explain the irrational anger that surged through me when I saw him pouring his heart to Delph the next day.

"I want my sister to succeed. But I don't know if I can afford a gym membership and all the spa bills. The money I make now is more than I ever did. But I feel like my incapabilities are robbing her of her chances."

Delph nods solemnly slowly gliding his hand up and down Can's shoulders. My brain told me he was just trying to comfort but my heart was urging me to snap his hands off.
I walked away from the scene but I didn't understand why Can wouldn't tell me.

Was a not a good friend? Didn't he feel comfortable enough to ask for my help? In fact unlike Delph there I can probably solve his problems. And because I am a good friend that is exactly what I am going to do. I made few calls and I think I just solved all of Cantaloupe's problems.

Can POV
I was just typing the last word of my report when my phone started ringing.
"Lay I'll be home in a few."
"Cantaloupe! How the hell did you afford this?? Did you do something illegal? Did you sell yourself?" Lay screamed frantically.

"Lay who would buy me?" I laugh thinking about my pathetic love life. Seriously my has been occupied enough don't add to my misery.

"I don't know maybe the one who sent this Madison Square club gym membership worth I guess $25000 and Brooklyn white room fully paid salon appointments for a certain Lemon. Oh, wait that's me! And I didn't do anything to deserve this. But you said last night you would do something. I didn't take you seriously but what the hell?"

I swear my brain stopped working at $25000. I am pretty sure no one volunteered to pay for this. Am I supposed to pay for this? If so how?
"Mr Rathavit are you done?" Tin's strict voice interrupted my mental breakdown.
"Lay just keep them there. Don't touch those. We'll see how we can cancel or return those." Despite my sisters' protests, I hang up on her.

Without a word, I shut my laptop and follow Tin with all the gears in my head-turning.
I got into Tin's car wordlessly and started googling for answers.
Can I cancel gym memberships with a refund?

"Why would you do that?" Tin asks gruffly leaning towards my phone.
"Do what? Use Google?" I shot back irritated.
"Cancel the membership. You said you wanted to get it anyway." He said turning back to the road.
"Yes but-" I paused realising something.
"I never told you anything about this. How do you know?" I ask suspiciously

"I had to eavesdrop on you speaking to someone else to help you-"
"I NEVER WANTED HELP!" I yell at him suddenly. How dare he do this?
"Excuse me? You have been sulking since yesterday." Tin pointed out.

"Ugh, yes Tin Medthanan that's how normal people deal with problems. We think about possible solutions. I am sorry if my 'sulking' was so unbearable to you." I chastised him.
"How would I know what you are feeling Cantaloupe Rathavit? It's not like you are telling me anything? I had to do what I could to try and help you." Tin explains quietly.

"This is exactly why I didn't tell you. You are too privileged to understand me. You will always be." I accused him, not feeling any remorse.
"Yes, maybe I am too privileged but I am still listening, right? Why can't you tell me stuff? We are friends, right? Isn't that what friends do?"

"I just told you why you can never offer me normal solutions. It would always be over the top. Also, we are friends because you feel bad for me. But I have no interest in your money. I will earn it myself someday. You don't have to throw it at me. Nobody of my standard buys a $25000 gym membership." I rant. Even if a small corner in my brain is telling me I am being insensitive, I couldn't care less.

"I don't think that I can throw money at you. I was just trying to help. Sorry for being nosy. But I can't cancel it now, consider it my gift for helping with the company."

I bit my lip frustrated.
"You idiot you already gave me a job for helping with that. I don't want whatever this is."
"Your sister wants it." Tin points out.
"Yes, Tin but not these expensive ones. The place is far away and I can never pay you back."

"It's close to my house," Tin says and it's more like he is telling himself.
"How is that supposed to help me Tin?" I growl getting irritated by the minute.
"You and Lemon can come and stay with me." He blurts out casually.

"Seriously which part of not giving over the top solutions did you not understand."
"Our household manager quit." Tin states.
"You have a household manager?" I ask incredulously. Why are rich people so weird?
"You can do that. I'll give you the extra salary and you can consider the debts paid. Also, Tul has shares in this production company. As much as I hate my brother he wouldn't mind dropping a word."

"Tin why the hell would I want that? Nobody does that for friends." I scream unabashedly. Why is he doing this? Why is he saying things like that as if it was the most normal thing ever? He stops the car and I realise that we have reached our house.

"It's because you are special Cantaloupe. And I don't like the idea of you crying to someone else while they touch you. You can cry to all you want I can give hugs too. I am going to make sure the membership doesn't get cancelled. So if you want to pay me back do as I say." Tin says with an air of finality.
Who touched me? When did that happen? Also, did he just say that he wants to give me hugs?

I get down very confused without saying a word. Tin zooms out of the neighbourhood. I want to hug Tin.