You left me first.

So yeah I want some TulHin in here as well. Read this or you'll end up confused!

Hin doesn't work for Tin or get tortured by him like the original book states. I think that's way too aggressive and toxic.

Hin and Tul are friends since childhood. They meet on accident when Tul is at his lowest. They continue meeting in secret as friends until college when Tul tutors Hin well enough for him to get into the college Tul got into. Hin over the years develops feelings for Tul but doesn't know how to express them.

Tul on the other hand stays completely oblivious to his friend's ever-growing affections towards him. But he is possessive about his Hin and without realising harbours similar sentiment towards Hin.

One thing leads to another and the best friends find each other in the same bed. Confused and overwhelmed by the disgust Tul felt of himself for being gay, he lashes out at Hin who begged Tul to listen. Tul however leaves Hin unattended and makes up his mind to seriously pursue Wadee, a girl his stepmother thinks is perfect for him.

Wanting to be better respected by his family and others, Tul sleeps with Wadee after promising her they would get married.

Hin gets furious upon hearing the news of Tul and Wadee's engagement. His anger is fuelled further by the news of Wadee's pregnancy with Tul's baby. He decided that if Tul doesn't want him then he will also leave.

Hin moves to Europe to do a bachelor degree in Digital Film production from Paris for 3 years followed by a masters in the same for 2 years. Tul goes on to complete his masters in business administration along with managing his father's company.
So that was the story setup.

Hin POV

"Mom, I'll find a job and I'll be home before you know it," I said trying to convince my mom to let me stay in America.
"You'll have to stay there and do the job, you idiot child. How will you be back?" My mom scolds me. My parents moved to Phon in Thailand from America as soon as my dad retired last year. It was a hassle for me as I was used to living in the US and have rarely ever been to Thailand.

"Mei, please let me do this for myself," I say in a final attempt to convince her. She sighed deeply.
"Okay, but I miss you. Also find yourself, someone. Your loneliness is annoying me. Maybe if you are cleaner, girls will like you."

"Mom!" I called out indignantly." I am clean. Stop calling out my high school self. Also, I'll find someone someday, just not today. Bye, love you." With that, I hung up on her.
I thought of a certain rich friend for some reason. Who was I kidding I thought of him every day. Despite leaving America with the sole motive of never seeing him until I can move on, even the distance didn't loosen my heart's resolve.

My crazy side told me to show up at his office for a job. See if he is affected by me in the least. But I knew he had a wife and a kid, my love for him made me selfless enough to wish only good things for him, no matter how much that hurt me.

So, I applied as a director with a production company. They released series, music videos and advertisements and were quite a reputed company. I got dressed in black trousers paired with a cream coloured shirt and styled my hair backwards wanting to look professional. Here goes nothing!

Tul POV

Void. That's what it felt like.
I felt like I had no soul, no heart, no purpose just meat and bones. My son was the only reason I kept on living. Though with my persisting need to distance myself from everyone, I wonder how long he would like me.

My wife hates me. I know she does. She is dating someone in her college and I was happy for her. I bribed her bodyguards to never tell my dad anything about her affair. At least one person is not miserable in this relationship.

I tried having sex with random people. Just to see if I can start associating lust with feelings. But rather than feeling as if I was cheating on my wife, I felt like I was betraying him.

I had already let him down long back. My Hin who never left me despite the complete asshole I am, had to leave as he was so hurt. I always thought about how it would have been if I wasn't such an idiot. Would we wake up in each other's arms? Fall in love more with each day passing? Get jealous every day and tell each other we belonged to one another? Have a burning office romance as Hin always said he would work with me?

But I know we would have been happy. I would have been happier. Now I was just a machine that worked day and night for absolutely nothing but money. Ever since Tin took over, I have started investing in and pursuing other sources of income. Taking up small or failing companies and bettering them has become a pastime. It's pathetic really but it does make me richer.

A part of those exploits was this production that I have 47% shares in. It was almost in ruins and now it's not. In reality, being the biggest shareholder I own it but the original owner was someone passionate about art and not money so I did not contend for that.

I put on an expensive black suit and go downstairs to get some breakfast. I felt guilty of leaving Wadee last night to eat alone, but I know Tin must have accompanied her. I don't know if I got a wife in her but he got a friend.

"Good morning, mother." I wish my stepmother who smiles at me politely.
"Your son just woke up and he is asking for you." She informed me to which I nod and get up to go to him. He is the only person who would ask for me now. So guesswork would have to wait.

TulHin!! How do you feel about this? Please comment.