batman

"Mrs. Reye, may I help you with something?" I ask the sweeper cum duster of Hotel Minerva who was ordered by the manager to clean all the tables in half an hour.
How is that even possible?
"If you have time sweetheart." She replied sparing a second of her precious time (at least as of now) to smile at me.
"That is one thing I have." I smiled back and started taking the plates and cutlery into the kitchen.

By the time I came out, I saw a few guys about 5 of them were messing around the restaurant with poor Mrs. Reye most probably telling them to go out. But her voice was drowned out amidst their shouts.
"Excuse me, sir. Please leave we are closed." I shouted in my loudest voice at a guy who was attempting to climb on a table. He turned back and this was when the smell of alcohol hit me.
Great now I have to deal with drunk people as well.
Am I the only one with such rotten luck?

Tin Medthanan POV

"How was your day son?" My dad Try Medthanan asked me as we entered our house.
"It was nice pére. Met the Russian delegates they told me that they'll send the ppt by today." I informed him.
"And did you receive it?" My brother Tul questioned making me glare at him.
"Good evening, how was your dinner?)" My sister-in-law Wadee asked us as soon as she entered the house.

I looked at the clock which showed 9'O clock. Shit. My brother who was on the couch just looked up at her in disappointment.

"It was a nice child but what is disappointing is you." My father said shaking his head.
"Sorry, dad I got busy studying that I didn't realize it was so late," Wade said with her eyes down to the floor.
"I still don't know why you need to do tuitions." My dad muttered to himself and gestured for her to go inside.
"What was I saying?" He asked me.

"About the ppt. Maybe they sent it, wait I'll check." I told him and my hand went to my pocket for my phone.
Wait I can't find it.
"I think I dropped my phone somewhere. I'll go get it."I told him and left before he could react.
"Must be in the hotel," I said to myself as I got into my car.

I reached the hotel fuming about my carelessness. That is right, I don't need people to give me long lectures about being shit coz I give them to myself. I always believe self-correction works the best.
"Manager?" I called the guy in front of me in a white suit. He was in his forties having a very grumpy face.
"Yes, sir. How many I help you?" He asked in a bored out-of-the-world tone.

"I dropped my mobile here. It is very important and I need your help to find it." I told him that 'I get to rule' tone.
"Did you check in your car sire?" He asked.
"Yes, I did. Now would-" my sentence was interrupted by a huge shouting from inside the hotel. I could vaguely make out the voice of a guy shouting 'let go, bitch!!'

"Excuse me, sir." The manager told me before he rushed inside. Then I heard the other shout, a loud boy this time, and it said something like 'Watch me whip, watch me nae nae.'
This is followed by an old voice probably the manager screaming 'Get out we are closed. Security!!'

But his voice was inaudible to the security so no one rushed to his rescue. I might as well try and help the old man.
I walked towards the source of sound to see Can knee a guy in the crotch. Ouch.
And moved on to tackle the rest 5 left. Wait there were a total of 8 and three were on the floor holding their sensitive spots groaning in pain.

While he was busy trying not to stab a guy with the knife but pretend like he was gonna, another guy tried to sneak up behind him. Okay, batman for the rescue.
I held the guy by his collar and dragged him away from Can before landing a punch on his nose.
The other four left standing decided it was time for group coordination and launched at a time.

"Can, at the count of two shout security," I told Can as I pushed a guy onto others and he scarred 2 people with that knife.
"Okay, dude." He replied still scratching others.
Dude? Fine, we'll think about that later.

"One. Two. Security!!!" I screamed in my best voice. And after about 15 seconds the guards showed up. They caught the guys and dragged them away.

"Mr. Rathavit! How dare you!!" The manager screamed.
"Sir he did not have any relation- " the old lady in the corner began to say but was cut off by the manager.
"You will not speak. Such absurdity! Never in my life. You know I could fire you for this." He said to Can and opened his mouth to finish the speech when he well.. began his.

"There is no need to, I am resigning myself who wants to work in a hotel which does not have proper security, has annoying customers and as if that is isn't enough a not-at-all respectful manager. Fuck your hotel."Can say as he threw his badge on the table beside my phone.

Hey, my phone.
I grabbed it and walked behind him.
"Hey Can!" I shouted.