Confessions

Can POV
Tin ignores my mothers statement and again barges in to hug me. I absolutely love how he is into a public show of affection these days. When we met he wasn't even ready to talk to me properly as someone might see. My mother excuses herself out of the room with a giggle and as her footsteps fade away, I hear a gruff strained voice.

"Can I please kiss you?"
Damn, consent is so sexy.

"Yes." I breathe out and it doesn't take him a second to land his lips on mine. He pressed his lips against mine, and we exchanged many, many wild and exploratory kisses in the kind of embrace that can only occur when intense desire takes over and two people merge into one.

My chest fills with air, and I have the impression that it isn't real. I had no idea I could feel this way. I had no idea another human being could make me feel this way. I'm the poet; I'm just telling you about a beautiful experience Tin and I had together. And at this point, I might as well write a damn book about it.

He pulled back and gave me a cheeky smile. I laughed his smile looked so innocent contrary to the hungry kisses he was giving me seconds prior.
"That was great. Thank you Can." He said and leaned in again.

But this time it was gentle and moist and hot and breathy, desiring union and connectedness and the exchanging of one breath, one feeling, one timeless and heartfelt moment rather than trying to win a battle. That's it, kill me.

"Tin, I don't wanna stop," I whined when he pulled back.
He laughed richly.
"Oh trust me Cantaloupe, me too." His expression suddenly morphed into sadness. "But you should probably know a few things before proceeding."

"Should I start planning to kill your ex-wife who had been hidden in your attic all along?" I ask faking sadness.
Tin laughs.
"No, it's a fairly new problem. Though I will search my attic just in case."

I frown unconsciously.
"What new problem? Did something happen in Korea?" I find myself worrying.
"No... I- I probably got disowned a few minutes ago." And with that, he starts to narrate the most bizarre sequence of events that I never thought could have in an hour and a half.

I was here discovering a family and possible richness I never had and he was there losing a family and richness he always had. It almost felt like a signal, as if he was meant to cover for what I didn't have and I was meant to do the same for him.

With these thoughts don't blame me when the first words that came out of my mouth when he just finished telling about his homophobic father was
"I love you, Tin. Will you be my boyfriend?"

He gasped so loudly I am pretty sure my mother heard it from wherever she was.

Tin POV
Did he hear what I said? Or was he still thinking about the kiss? I mean I wouldn't blame him, I know I was. But I just told him I lost everything, not that Can was a gold digger. Yet financial stability would seem appealing to anyone.

"Huh?" A strangled sound escaped my mouth and he looked ready to facepalm himself.
"Sorry, was it too fast? I just like you a lot and it's okay you don't have to respond. What I am asking for is commitment so take your own time. And about your dad and everything, don't worry we'll work our ass off and things will get better." He assured me and my brain was somehow just screaming at me to kiss him.

But we needed to talk, he needed to know what he was getting into.
"No, Can I don't need time at all. It's just that I just lost a lot, I am not as rich anymore not that you care for my money but I don't even think I am economically alright at this point. Because I'll end up investing all my money into new stuff that may or may not work. It'll be-"

"Tin shut up or I'll slap you." Can huffed. "You think I can handle you without money? I don't care if we end up losing everything we have. I want you to be my boyfriend, not your money. I want to support you and expect the same from you. That's it."

I could feel my eyes tearing up again. Damn, I am such a crybaby today. Can immediately hugged me and tried to soothe me.
"Thank you Can. I'll do it for us. I love you." I could feel his muscles morph into a smile against my cheek and we stay like that.

Just then Mrs Kirakorn interrupts us.
"Sorry kids, I just wanted you to settle down and discuss everything. Your legs will hurt like this."

Can nods with a blush
"Okay mom." Wait what? Mom? What mom? Whose mom?
"Huh?" I am really inarticulate at the moment.

"Umm... Yeah we have to talk about this too I guess." Can said nervously. "She is my mother. My biological mother." I swear my head was starting to spin.
"Can, Mrs Kirakorn is lesbian." I look at her and immediately add. "Which is great but you know-" God I sound dumb.

"I know just sit down and let me explain." And I do as instructed because it's not like I am functioning great on my own anyway.

Okay, how was that? That is the first time I wrote a kiss and I hope it worked. How do you think Tin will react to Can's story? I love you for reading.
Also, the story just hit 600 votes and I am so happy ❤