Meeting the Medthanan's

Can POV

"Cantaloupe is it?" Razaa, Tin's mother casually asked me when I was busy tallying today's grocery bills. Today there were no classes as the professor was unwell. Wadee made up some excuse and is now out on a date with Nate. It's been two days since we moved in and I usually do this on the kitchen countertop.

"Yes madam but I prefer Can." I get up in respect while she sits down in the opposite seat.
"Cantaloupe, how did you meet my son?" She inquires while peeking at the bills scattered on the slab.

"I met Tin-" she immediately glares at me but I don't understand why so I continue "at work. I work at the call centre as a manager."
"So you are an employee. Both inside the house and outside." She asserts.
"I am a student madam."
"But you are an employee to my son." She repeats and I don't understand where this conversation is going at all but I nod nonetheless.

Both Khun Razaa or Khun Try did not bother to talk to me or Lemon since we stepped into the house. Tin introduced us to Khun Tul and tried to bring up the conversation about him using his production companies to help Lemon when I shut him down and dragged both of them away from Tul.

I don't need more favours from Tin but Tin, as usual, did not understand and we ended up quarrelling about it for an hour. He finally gave in with a promise to Lemon that he'd ask Tul when I am not around. This boy!

"Then why does my son seem to think you are 'friends'?" The way she spat the word friends should be a crime.

"Tin and I connected a little bit over the months," I tell with a smile gracing my lips. It's more than a little bit but she doesn't have to know that.

"How so?" She lifts a perfectly plucked eyebrow at me.
"We just hung out madam and just starting bonding and understanding each other like normal friends." I try to explain calmly.

"What about Wadee?" Khun Razaa interrogates.
"We study in the same college and have been friends for a long time." A few months ago I would have snapped at these questions but my bet with Tin really made me more professional which is great as I don't want to yell at his mother.

"But in this house, you work for both of them. They are the masters of this house. When all other employees even the American one's have learnt how to respect I have never once seen you do that. Even if your position is 'household manager' you are supposed to receive them when they get home. Just because they know you that doesn't exclude from acting like a servant." She reprimands in a strict tone.

I grit my teeth to stop myself from cursing aloud.

"I am sorry, Khun Razaa Ka. I'll keep that in mind." I apologise, keeping my tone as respectful as I can.
She nods and leaves abruptly just like she walked in leaving all the kitchen staff to look at me sympathetically.
I sigh deeply and sit down again to continue with my bills.

"Don't go against their words. That's the only rule here." The cook, Pensri tells me patting my head. Well, I need to pay Tin back so can't get fired. Take it in Can, take it all in.

Tin POV
I get home from work pretty late. I now know why Tul acted as if work sucked his soul out of him. I was stuck at the Medthanan's main office.

Managing the construction business, hotels and the call centre all from one spot was the worst experience of my life but realising that I signed up for it for two months is worse.

Somehow, the fact that I wouldn't be able to see Can much during the day is more frustrating than the massive amounts of work.

Wadee asked if she could help and was immediately shut down by dad who claimed she didn't need to insert herself into 'business'. Then can somebody enlighten me on why she is doing an MBA?

I was just about to drop my bag on the sofa when Can barged in and took it from the hand.
"Umm... I'll take care of that Khun Tin Krub." Followed by a very awkward wai. And he doesn't even wait for my reaction before running away to keep the bag somewhere.

What the?
I am happy that he is the first person I saw when I came home from work. But instead of whatever that was I would prefer a smile or a snarky comment or a hug or a ki- no, not there yet! I shook my head at my thoughts and try to take out my coat while walking to my room when the little devil comes trotting in again.

"I'll take your coat and get it cleaned... Umm Khun Tin Krub." He takes the coat from me, bows even more awkwardly and runs away again before I can respond. I look around confused to see my mother standing at the edge of the railing of the first floor watching us. Oh, so that happened. Not the first time.
"Mother, how are you doing?" I ask her trying to keep myself screaming at her for making Can behave like a scared housewife.

"I am doing fine Tin. You must be tired." She claps her hands very dramatically and Can comes rushing in almost out of breath. Seriously are there no other servants around?

"Cantaloupe, serve dinner for Tin in 10." She orders him like some kind of Queen and to my utter annoyance, he nods very submissively. Just then Wadee walks looking as if she was trying to sneak in unnoticed.
"What were doing out this late?" My mother tries to refrain from yelling at her to not wake my dad.

"She was with me. I needed that help." I immediately cover up for her and Wadee nods in unspoken solidarity.
My mother sighs.
"Cantaloupe arrange dinner for both of them then." She announces and he walks out with a nod.

"He hates being called Cantaloupe," I inform my mother at whom I am trying very hard not to yell at.
"You call him that and that's his name isn't it?" She replies casually adjusting her robe.
"I do that to tease him as we are friends. You know the kind that is happy with each other with some third person walking in and making one person bow to the other." I seethe in partial rage.

"Friends or not, he is an employee Tin. He needs to act like one."
"He is a household manager. Since when did managers start taking bags, cleaning coats and serving dinners here?" I shout at her not bothering to control my voice while Wadee is still silently listening to the conversation.

My mother doesn't respond and walks downstairs to probably check on Can. Wadee walks up to me.
"You don't usually yell at her."
"She doesn't usually threaten Can into bowing to me." I bite back.
"Oh, you are smitten." Wadee declared with a smile and I don't contend. I am so what?

Hey lovelies! How is the story going according to you?
I was planning another TulHin chapter would you like that?
Also I know Tin and Tul's grandmother's name is Razaa but I don't know their mom's name so... Yeah don't get confused.