Chapter Eight

Disclaimer- Harry Potter belongs to Jk. Rowling, not me. Just writing an alternate ending.

VOTE & COMMENT

FOLLOW FOR MORE H.P FANFICS.

Harry awoke from his slumber at the shouts that were irrupting from the prison. The dementors were passing out food. He looked at the moldy bread and glass of dirty water. It was the same every day but day by day he wished it was different. He missed the muffins and scrambled eggs his mother used to make. He missed seeing his father at the table with the daily prophet in one hand calmly eating his mother's tasty cooking. He even missed seeing his brother wolfing food down, not caring who saw him.

It has been a few years since he was put here. If his calculations were correct then it was 5 years. He should be 11 but he looked like he was Seven. He still couldn't forget the people of his past. The people who threw him in here to rot. The voice in his head was getting stronger. He could feel it. The voice told him to call him 'father'. Father's voice came and went but it spent most of its time with Harry and Bellatrix. He joked with Harry and taught him his lessons with help from Bellatrix.

How he berated himself for wanting to be back with his family away from his family. But then he would remember who put him there. He would remember that his parents let the Aurors put him there and did nothing to get him out. How they left him and cats him away like he was trash. He didn't need them anymore. He had Bella and father. He had taken to call Bella 'mother' in his first year. And he could argue that she was his real mother. Lily had given birth to him, forgotten him for his famous brother, and left him in this place to rot.

'But mother...' He thought. She even fed him some of her food when he got sick from the unsanitary conditions, promising that she would do more when his father returned, giving them all the power in the world. So as usual he squeezed himself through the bars and sat on the same stone floor of his mother's cell.

Bellatrix looked at Harry and smiled, showing her rotten teeth. He inched closer and hugged her thin and starved frame. Suddenly she started coughing loudly. He held her chest as she almost fell down with the coughs. Harry looked at the woman he considered a mother with a crease in his eyebrows and marks on his forehead. She took a sip of her water which died down the coughs. She took a bite of her bread and said, "All Better." Seeing the worried look on Harry's face she said, "Don't worry Harry, I am fine." Harry nodded.

From the cell across from theirs, there was a gruff voice that said, "All right there Lestrange?" They looked over to see Barty Crouch Junior. "Yeah, I'm fine." From the cell next to her she heard her husband's voice. "Bella are you sure?" She nodded smiling at the care her husband gave her even in prison. "Well, then Harry come here." Called out Rodolphus to the son he considered a son.

Harry easily squeezed himself through the metal bars easily and got to learning Defense. He loved learning and even in prison he loved to learn and the prisoners loved him so they taught him all they know. Since he didn't have a wand they were teaching him wandless magic. And unlike them, he was powerful and natural. He could escape now if he wanted but they wanted to wait because of their lord's plan which was whispered in Harry's head and distributed to them.

Father had told him that he was the true chosen one, that he tried the killing curse on him and not his brother. The result of Harry rebounding the killing curse was their connection. A piece of father's soul rested in Harry and was planning on exposing Oliver as a fraud. Then they would come to Harry begging to save them. Harry then would trick them and make them think he is on their side. Then when the time comes Voldemort would attack and let him join the side he was truly on.

"Uncle Roddy?" Harry asked. "Yes." He answered. "Can I take your bread to mother too? She seems sick today." He said. "Sure." Said Rodolphus as he gave him the piece of bread he was planning on eating. Harry gave Bella the bread and said, "Eat mine too." His bread was still in Bella's cell.

That was what they do, they give all their food to the one who was sick so that they would get better and when they were sick everyone else's food was given to them.

Rodolphus looked at the child and sighed. He was supposed to grow up spoilt rotten and loved not asking for bread, but due to the light, he was even excited about a piece of Moldy bread. He patted the child's back and said, "Don't you worry child. When we get out of here I will blood adopt you and give you the entire Lestrange fortune when I die." He promised him. Harry grinned shyly and said, "It's okay if you don't"

Unknowingly Harry was thrust into a new family, one that would never leave him.