Chapter fifteen

Disclaimer- Harry Potter belongs to JK. Rowling, not me.

VOTE & COMMENT

FOLLOW FOR MORE H.P FANFICS.

Harry looked over to Draco when the letters arrived wondering if the elder Malfoy had some news. Draco watched until the coast was clear and handed Harry a piece of parchment. Harry looked at the head table to see that both McGonagall and Dumbledore were looking at him with interest. 'I can't do anything with them looking at me like hawks. I need something that will distract them.' He thought as he smiled timidly towards them. 'And I have just the thing to make them forget about me and make them not doubt me at the same time.' He thought as he smirked.

He left the great hall and into the Slytherin common room and opened the letter from Lucius Malfoy. It read,

'Harry Potter,

To make sure that you are not lying or trying to get me to admit something, I will come to the school through your head of house and you will take his own invention of truth serum to tell if you are indeed working with the dark lord. And if you think you can give this to your precious headmaster, you're wrong. This letter is charmed to burn right after you completed reading it. See you tonight after the feast in the dungeons.'

And as Lucius Malfoy stated the letter burnt looking oddly like a phoenix on a burning day. Harry smirked, this was going on better than he thought it was. 'Now for the distraction.' He thought merrily.

'Father, how do I open the chamber of secrets?' He asked. 'Why do you need it?' Asked Voldemort back trying to know what was in the small child's brain. 'Well for one, they don't teach here, so I need some space to prepare myself for your return. And if I open the chamber the professor's attention will be on that and not on me.' He answered simply. 'You will be their number one suspect if you open the chamber and they will know the monster inside is a basilisk since I opened it fifty years ago.' Harry smirked and said, 'Father, where is your diary Horcrux?' Voldemort was truly confused now. 'Why would you need it?' Harry smirked and replied with, 'Well, it would be a shame if that accused someone of opening that chamber when that student closed it and killed the monster.'

Voldemort knew that Harry was smart, but he wasn't expecting this. 'And, if the supposed student attempts to 'kill' the diary without knowing it.'

'What are you thinking?' Asked Voldemort trying to get straight to the point. 'Well, if you could tell me where your diary Horcrux was I could slip it onto the average unsuspecting Gryffindor. Your Horcrux could possess them and they could open the chamber for me. When they accuse me I could tell them I heard something in the pipes. When they refuse to listen, I could go on by myself and kill the basilisk. The student I was tricking could vouch for me saying, I was the one who killed it and they would all be guilty of saying I was the one who opened the chamber thus, getting their trust, while making them take all the attention away from me for the plan's completion.' Voldemort smirked. 'Why would you kill the Basilisk.? It was Salazar Slytherin's.' Harry thought for a second and said, "I don't have to kill it I could just cast a heavy undetectable glamour before the student enters the chamber. They would only witness the glamour me killing the Basilisk while I stand outside of the chamber.'

'You also can't destroy my Horcrux.' Warned Voldemort. 'I wasn't planning to.' Said, Harry. 'Elaborate.' Ordered Voldemort. ' Once a Horcrux is destroyed it does not emit any detectable dark magic. They wouldn't know I switched it with a fake. The Horcrux will be safely placed with Lucius Malfoy again.'

Voldemort may not show emotion but he was proud of Harry, he was everything a child of the dark lord should be. Cunning, ruthless, and smart. He may not know love, but he knew pride, and the little boy that housed a piece of his soul had his pride and respect.

'And besides, I can use the room to practice my animagus transformation so I can go visit mother. When I was In Azkaban the best we could do was to focus and find out what my form was. But I am not good at clearing my mind. I just saw that it was something with wings. I think I'll also ask Lucius for the double mirrors sooner than later. They will be so torn that they will give me anything I ask."

He replied as the common room door opened and Draco entered. "Hey, I was wondering where you were. The professors are looking for you. You better go." Harry sighed and left the room to go to his first class of the day; Transfiguration.