Chapter ten

Disclaimer- Harry Potter belongs to Jk. Rowling, not me. Just writing alternate endings.

VOTE & COMMENT

FOLLOW FOR MORE H.P FANFICS.

Lily Potter nee Evans lifted her head up from the pensive looking like she had been slapped in the face, tears running down her face. "You... You said he was gone. You said my baby was dead!" She shouted sobbing in her hand, looking at the headmaster with an accusing glare. Dumbledore looked at the floor with grief in his eyes. She was physically restricted from ripping the man's beard off by her husband who was having similar reactions to the vile man. "You said my baby was dead!" She yelled again. Her anger getting the better of her.

"It will not do good to dwell on mistakes. We should think about the solution." He said calmly. "How can you be so calm! You put an innocent child- MY CHILD in AZKABAN!" James yelled, now releasing his wife. Hearing all the commotion Professor McGonnagal made her way into the headmaster's office just in time to see James draw his wand and Dumbledore doing the same.

"What is going on here!" She yelled. The occupants of the room turned their faces to her to see her draw out her wand just in case. "Albus here, says that Harry was actually the boy who lived. That he made a mistake." He spat the word out like it was on fire. Minerva turned her head to Albus with an accusing glare and said, "Is this true? Did we help put an innocent CHILD in Azkaban?" She asked.

Dumbledore nodded his head looking at the floor as if it had the answer it contained. At the second confirmation, Lily took out her wand and pointed it at Albus, handshaking, tears flowing out of her eyes. Sensing that it could turn into a duel, Minerva decided to intervene. "Well, if he is indeed just Harry Potter we need to get him out of there."

James and Lily looked back at their professor only now realizing the degree of their actions. They had put sweet, innocent Harry behind bars in favor of their other son.

l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

Miles and Miles away from Hogwarts: school of witchcraft and wizardry, in the lone triangular prison, Harry smirked as father told him that they were coming to get him in a few minute's time. He squeezed through the bars one last time to say goodbye to his mother, uncle Rod, uncle Barty and his other friends that taught him all he knows.

Bellatrix was looking at Harry that she loved like a son. She couldn't believe they were saying goodbye. Harry was like the son she had always wanted but was never graced with. Harry finally made his way over to her cell to say goodbye.

Bellatrix Lestrange never cried, even when she was a child. But at that moment, she couldn't stop the tears that started flowing down her cheeks. Harry who was not used to seeing his mother show weakness, was obviously startled as were the rest of the prisoners. "Harry, my little baby boy. Please don't forget me." She begged the child.

"Mother, why would I forget you?" He asked trying to calm her down. "YOU are my mother, not the woman who let them take me away." He told her firmly trying to make her believe. She sprang from the floor and wrapped her arm around him in a comforting gesture that had become normal for the duo. "I love you, Harry, don't ever forget that." She said as she sobbed onto his thin worn-out prison robes. "Mother, I love you too. And once I get the animagus potion I will bring you double mirrors so we can talk together. You just have to wait a bit more."

Bellatrix nodded and wiped her eyes. "You better get back to your cell, I think I hear footsteps." She said while attempting to turn her head away, sick of all this emotion, after all, Bellatrix Lestrange was not an emotional woman. Harry nodded his head and kissed her cheeks once more before sneaking back into his cell. Before he started his act he whispered once more, "I love you all so much." Getting an answer from his uncle Barty. "Free us cub." He heard before he curled in a fetal position and began whimpering as he was expected to do.

A few minutes later he heard as the footsteps came closer and closer until he heard the large door that held the most feared prisoners captive, creek open. The footsteps came closer and closer until they came in front of a cell whose door hasn't opened in almost six years. The four figures halted at the bars that held the innocent captive for some time and gasped at what they saw.

The cell looked like it hadn't housed a person for years. Spider webs lined the walls and dirt marred the walls. Harry James Potter was lying in a fetal position holding his hands close in a futile attempt to keep himself warm. His face was gaunt, looking like he hadn't eaten in years. He was whimpering and shaking from the cold crying silent tears that went down his gaunt and dirty cheeks. "Oh, my baby." Whispered Lily as she broke down, splattered on the floor, her knees no longer strong enough to keep her strong. She sobbed on the floor as her husband attempted to pull her up.

"Lily, we need to be strong for Harry." He told her as he was finally able to pull her to her feet. Minerva McGonagall, one of the people who came to relieve Harry from this godforsaken place, the only one who was guilt-free, took out her wand and made an incantation that opened the door with a creek.

The door had to be pushed the rest of the way, its rust not making it able to open with magic. James entered the room leaving his wife sobbing on the door with the headmaster. "Harry." He whispered quietly. Not getting a response he added, "Oh Harry, what have we done." He whispered as tears started to cloud his eyes. He gathered the small boy in his arms and started to walk out of the prison.

James was walking out of the feared prison, a small bundle in his arms. Harry felt like a sack of bones in his arms that he thought he was dead. 'What have I done to my own son.' He thought. Right before he opened the door that led to the hallway he heard a high-pitched scream. He looked at the cell next to the one his son was occupying and looked at the dead eyes of Bellatrix Lestrange. He didn't think anything of it as he left through the door.

But had he looked closer he would have seen Harry wink at the older woman and her giving him a small smile.