Chapter Two

Chapter two

Disclaimer- Harry Potter belongs to Jk. Rowling, not me. Just writing an alternate ending.

VOTE & COMMENT.

FOLLOW FOR MORE.

 The potters moved to their ancestral home a few weeks later and what came as a shock was that Sirius Black, James' best friend decided for them to switch secret keepers of where the Potter mansion was located. His logic was that he would be the obvious candidate and the death eaters would look for him, When the actual secret keeper was the rat animagus, Petter Pettegrew.

It was a few days after they went into hiding to protect their unborn babies that, Lily went into labor. She was sent to the Black ancestral home to give birth because the Potters did not want to put the life of a healer on the line.

"You are doing good, Mrs. Potter. One more push and the first one should be out." Said the healers voice calmly. "Urgh." the woman with auburn red head and sweat trickling down her face shouted as she pushed one last time in hopes of getting this over with. She heard a cry and looked at the baby in the healer's arms. She smiled but the smile was quickly replaced by a look of pain as the second baby wanted to come out. She shouted again and the first baby was handed to the other healer as the first one went to help the woman give birth to the second child. After a few minutes, there was a similar cry of an infant. Lily smiled at the thought of a smiling baby in her arms in the near future, but the vision faded when she felt another push from the baby, signaling it needed to get out. Her facial expressions changed and her heart started panicking again. "Push!" Ordered the healer. Lily gave a shout. She couldn't take it anymore. "I can't!" She shouted through sweat and tears. "yes, you can! Now push!" Lily shouted and pushed one more time. "I see the head. One last Push!" Ordered the healer. Lily screamed at the top of her lungs and gave one last push. She heard the cry of a child and looked up to see two small bundles held by the two healers. "Well done Mrs. Potter." Said the healer proudly. Lily smiled and rested her head on the pillow.

Severus Snape loyal death eater, was spying on the order of the Pheonix for information on the boy that was destined to destroy the dark lord. What he didn't know however was that he wasn't the only spy there and the boy was the son of the woman he loved. No, he didn't know it was the son of his childhood tormentor.

Oliver Remus Potter was the second son of Lily Potter nee Evans and James Charles Potter, he had his father's soft caramel brown eyes and his mother's auburn hair, while Harry James Potter, the first born had his mother's emerald green eyes and his father's messy jet-black hair. They were opposites in every way, Oliver cried a lot while his brother rarely cried, worrying their parents. Oliver was a rather greedy boy, starting from food to toys, while harry wanted to share everything he had. To Lily, her son's green eyes pierced her heart showing her how much love she has for him.

It has now been a year since the twins were born and both of them were pampered beyond belief by their parents and godfathers; Remus Lupin and Sirius Black for Oliver Remus Potter and Harry James Potter respectively. But on that fateful Halloween night, everything started going to hell. The family was in the nursery when they heard the wards being torn down. "Lily make a port key to Grimmauld place and leave! I will distract whoever it is!" Lily knew that it was futile to stop him. And so without a kiss goodbye, without words of comfort, without one last touch James left the nursery and went to the front door, which was blasted open a few seconds after. Silent tears ran through her cheeks as she thought what James must be suffering through.

On the front door, a man wearing a black cloak entered the room with practiced grace. He was met by the sight of James Potter clutching his wand tightly. He let out a small chuckle and disarmed him with a wave of his arm. James was amazed at the precision of the man and said, "Please take me instead." Voldemort laughed and said, "You will be spared because I do not like killing purebloods. But that mudblood wife of yours will certainly not get the same treatment." He said as he chuckled. James made a move to retrieve his wand from the ground, but Voldemort beat him to it, by whispering a silent summoning charm. James's wand flew to his hand. "Though, I do believe you need to learn manners. CRUCIO!" He shouted. James felt agonizing pain erupt from his chest as he kneeled and shouted. His shouting could be heard upstairs where Lily was desperately trying to turn a toy into a port key. She started to panic as she heard the screams of her husband. She knew only one thing could make a person scream like that; The cruciatus curse. She wished there was something she could do, but she knew she had to save Harry and Oliver first. So with tears in her eyes and a blurry vision she continued muttering incantations. But she knew her attempt was futile as she heard her husband's screams die out. There was only one explanation; James was dead. She let out a sob and continued with the incantations. She saw the door to the nursery explode and knew that he was here. "Mudblood!" He shouted. She hesitantly turned her face to see him. She then moved to the crib which occupied the twins and shielded them with her body. "Please, take me instead!" She shouted.

 Harry started to cry as if he knew what was happening. He started shouting and moving his hand as if trying to summon his mother to him. Lily moved to cover Oliver with her whole body leaving Harry defenseless. She looked at her firstborn and instantly felt guilty. Before Voldemort could torture her and then kill her, the sound of footsteps was emanating from the mansion. He stunned Lily and once he saw that she was unconscious shot the killing curse to Harry, deciding that the child was brave and would be the perfect Gryfinndor, His green eyes looking like the killing curse its self.

As the curse rebounded Voldemort shouted as his soul was reaped and his body dissolved. All that was left was a back hood that he was wearing. Harry's forehead glowed before it diminished to a faint scar. The room started to shake, chunks of stone were falling all around. A piece of stone marked Oliver's forehead in the shape of a V. The footsteps that were heard made their way to the room and passed to the door to see the damage that was caused. Albus Dumbledore looked at the room that was almost destroyed. He checked the pulses on the people present and felt instant relief that they were still alive.

He checked the two boys for any dark magic present and was alarmed at how much dark magic was concentrated on a scar on Harry. Dumbledore knew what this meant. He would talk to the Potters a few days later. 'Yes, that's the way to go.' He thought. He held the savior of the world, the boy who lived, Oliver Potter to the front of the mansion, where a whorde of reporters were waiting to see a glimpse of their savior. He raised the boy on his hands and told the public of his wrong assumptions. "Oliver Potter, the one who saved us all. The boy who lived." A confused Oliver was waiting for him to be put down as he was swarmed by well wishers. Upstairs lay a completely forgotten Harry crying for his mother to cme in and take him away from all this noise. But alas, she was gone with James to Saint Mungo's. His mother did not come for him, nor did his father and his uncles. They had all forgotten him in that fateful Halloween night.