10

Camille sat with her knees tucked up to her chin while she sat on the couch in Charles' driver room as he prepared for first practice. Emily had gone to see Lando, leaving Camille time to visit the Ferrari driver.

The Sinclair girl tapped her fingers against her knee as thoughts ran through her mind, a mix of her fight with her mother, her father's anniversary and even her birthday which just so happened to be today.

She was that consumed in her own thoughts she didn't hear Charles calling her name several times.

"Camille." Charles said once again as he placed his hand on top of hers to stop her finger from tapping and get her attention

"Yeh?" Camille asked looking up to see the Monaco born man in front of her.

"Are you okay? You were in another world." Charles told her as he sat down on the couch next to her. It was only then that Camille realised that Charles' hand had been on top of her own, she felt the coldness wash over her hand as he removed his own.

"Yeh, I'm fine." Camille nodded her head as she faked a smile and looked over at the driver sitting next to her.

"See, that's a lie." Charles commented with cussed Camille to genuinely smile.

"And how would you know that?" She challenged him.

"I've known you the last 2 months, give or take a few weeks, and you're a terrible liar." Charles informed her with a smile on his face.

"Thanks, I feel much better." Camille said sarcastically.

"Come on. Tell me what's wrong." Charles spoke as he placed his hand on her knee for support.

"Let's just say I'm currently in need of a place to live." Camille sighed as she rested her head against the wall behind the couch.

"Come live with me." The rely simply rolled off Charles' tongue without a second thought.

"What?" Camille laughed slightly. "Are you insane?"

"Is that supposed to be an insult?" Charles wondered giving the British girl a look.

"It's a lovely offer Charles, but as much as I currently want to get away from my mother, I think jumping on a two hour plane and moving to Monaco is slight overkill." Camille explained as she turned her head again to look at Charles.

"Maybe you're right. But whatever you do, don't be stuck for a place to stay. My door is always open." Charles assured her with a smile.

"I think that's a dangerous choice for a famous formula one driver." Camille joked with a smile on her face.

"You know what I mean." The Monégasque driver told the girl sitting next to him.

"Well thank you." The Sinclair girl replied. "I just wish all of this shit could've waited another week, I can't even enjoy my birthday because of it."

"What?"

Camille immediately regretted the words that unintentionally flowed from her mouth during her train of speech. She had no intention of letting anyone know it was her birthday. Of course Emily knew meaning that Lando would know, Daniel also knew along with Carlos but she didn't want to make a big deal off the whole thing.

"What?" Camille asked, pretending like she hadn't said anything.

"It's your birthday?" Charles wondered.

"Kind of." Camille replied like it wasn't a big deal.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me. I don't even have a present for you." Charles said with a sad look on his face. He was more mad at himself for not being aware of the brown haired girl's birthday.

"That's exactly why I didn't tell you, I didn't want a big deal made of it." She explained to him.

"Well it is a big deal. You only turn 20 once. Me and you are totally doing something later." Charles told her before the door to his driver's room opened.

"Charles. It's almost time for practice. Let's go." Andrea spoke as he stood in the door way looking at the pair.

"Coming." Charles replied as he stood up causing his trainer to leave before Charles turned back to look at Camille. "Seriously. Me and you are going something tonight and you can't get out of it."

Without giving her the chance to reply, Charles quickly left the room and chased after his personal trainer leaving Camille with an exited smile on her face, one she had been hiding since Charles told her they were doing something together tonight.

—————

Poor Charles never seems to have look at his home Grand Prix but he'll come back stronger💪🏻

-ky❤️