20

The following weekend after the French Grand Prix brought the drivers to Austria and Red Bull Ring for what was always one of the more exciting races of the calendar.

FP3 had just ended meaning that there was now a two hour break between that and qualifying which would determine the starting line up for tomorrow's race.

Camille walked out of the McLaren garage after seeing Lando and Carlos and headed towards Ferrari in order to see Charles and congratulate him. He had set the fast time today and yesterday in FP2.

She spotted the Ferrari driver talking with his race engineer inside the garage but he seemed distracted as he occasionally threw glances around as if he was looking for someone.

Deep down she was hoping it was her that he was looking for. The pair had grown increasingly close over the last few weeks since Monaco and she was glad of how things were heading even if they were more romantic then she expected.

After what happened in parc ferme at France, Camille never brought up the situation to Charles or anyone for that matter. She didn't wanna be seen blowing things out of proportion if Charles simply did it because of the adrenaline rush he was having.

She smiled at Jock Clear, Charles's engineer, who could see the brown haired girl approach them as the driver had his back towards the Sinclair girl.

"Boo." Camille whispered as she placed her hands on Charles waist causing the Monégasque driver to jump in surprise.

"Cami." Charles exclaimed with a gasp as he turned around to face the girl who still had her hands on either side of his waist. He wrapped his arms around the brown haired girl's shoulders as she wrapped hers around his waist. "I was looking for you."

"Sorry. I went to McLaren to see Lando and Carlos." Camille explained with her head pressed against his chest. She pulled back and he left his hands placed on her shoulders looking down at the slightly smaller girl.

"It's okay." Charles assured her with a smile on his face although he was quite relieved as he was afraid something had happened to upset the British girl. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course." Camille replied with a curious look on her face as Charles guided her towards the back of the garage away from the crowd of people examining his car.

"I have an idea. If you wanna say no, you can." Charles told her with a nervous tone in his voice as he was afraid of what answer he would get.

"I doubt I'll say no but go on." The Sinclair girl replied as the came to a stop in the back of Ferrari's garage.

"I was thinking about asking you in a date." Charles explained but continued before Camille could say anything. "But I respect you and I don't want you to think you have to just say yes. So, I was thinking, if I get on pole today in qualifying, will you go on a date with me?"

"Wow. All of this riding on you getting on pole later? That's a lot of pressure Leclerc." Camille teased him with a smile on her face but inside she was screaming. She never expected Charles to even dream of asking her on a date and now he was betting it all on his driving skills.

"I'm a good driver. You don't have a faith in me?" Charles wondered with a pretend hurt look on his face as he held his hand over his heart.

"Oh I have faith in you. Just a lot of pressure all for a date." The Sinclair girl replied.

"Well you're worth it." Charles assured her with a soft smile on his face.

"Charles. Come on." Jock called out as he waved at the Ferrari driver signalling for him to join him for a post FP3 and pre qualifying chat about the car.

"Coming." Charles told him as he gave him a thumbs up. "I'll see you later? And maybe spend this session here? That way you'll be here when I finish on pole before our date."

"There's a different between confident and cocky Leclerc." Camille spoke as she gave the Monégasque driver a look causing him to laugh.

"Me? Cocky? Never." He assured her before bidding the brown haired girl goodbye and making his way towards his race engineering leaving Camille alone wondering what she was going to do with the next two hours before qualifying.

—————

Camille smiled while clapping as the Q3 session came to an end after Charles put in the fastest time which meant he was on pole position for tomorrow's race.

"That's pole position tomorrow mate. Well done." Charles' engineer spoke through the radio to Charles as he began his cool down lap.

"Yesss. Thanks Jock. Thank you everyone. Now we have to finish the job tomorrow." Charles replied as he turned around turn one on the cool down lap.

Camille removed her headphones and stood up from her seat towards the back of the garage. She took the headphones and placed them in the holder next to the entrance before making her way towards the pit lane.

Charles's car pulled in soon after and he got out letting the mechanics move it towards parc ferme for the night like always from the end of qualifying to tomorrow morning.

"So?" Charles wondered with a smile on his face after he removed his helmet and balaclava shoving the face covering inside his helmet.

"You've got yourself a date Leclerc." Camille agreed with a smile that matched the bright one on Charles's face before she pulled her into a hug.

The Ferrari drive was engine ecstatic at the fact he was now going to get the opportunity to take Camille on a date. To others, they probably seemed like a couple in the way they acted around each other minus the lack of PDA between the two considering they've never kissed beyond the one in parc ferme at the French GP. And now he had the chance to hopefully take this friendship to something more.