25

The next day after the party when Charles arrived, the pair were now in the car as Charles drove to the mysterious location he insisted on taking her too.

The sun was shining in England today and the temperatures were warm as Charles drove with the windows down and the music blaring as they sang along with whatever song was on the radio.

They arrived at a spot that Camille was a lot more familiar with than she was happy to admit but she was confused as to why Charles had brought her here.

She sat up straight in her seat as Charles switched of the engine of the car and got out to walk around and open the door for her.

Camille slowly got out and looked around before turning and looking back at Charles who was smiling.

"What are we doing here? And how do you know about this place?" Camille wondered.

Charles didn't answer but simply took her hand in his and guided her in the direction Camille's mother had given him.

"Charles. What's going on?" The brown haired girl wondered as they got closer and closer to their destination.

The pair eventually finished the short walk from the car to the bench that sat in front of Camille's father's grave that she visited on a regular basis.

Charles sat down first and used their connected hands to get Camille to sit down next to him. He smiled while she sat with a confused look on her face which made him laugh.

"What's so funny?" Camille wondered looking at him as he smiled again.

"You're face. You look confused and scared at the same time." The Ferrari driver told her.

"Well I am. Why are we here? And how do you know about this place?" Camille asked wondering how he knew the location of where her father was buried.

"To answer you second question, you're mum told me how to get here and where to park so she could direct me here." Charles explained. "And to answer you first question I wanted to ask you something. And I thought it would be best to do it here."

"Do what here?" The Sinclair girl wondered and Charles laughed.

"You ask too many questions." Charles told her and she smiled. "I wanted to ask you something and it felt right to do it in front of you dad."

Camille looked at the man next to her to her father's grave that was in front of them both before turning to look at Charles once again who let a sigh escape his lips.

"Camille I wanna ask you something." Charles said and the girl next to him nodded telling him to continue. "You had my attention the minute we met in Australia. You were always on my mind and still are. I can't imagine my life without you know after spending the last 5 months together. And I was wondering if you'd wanna me my girlfriend?"

Camille was shocked. Sure Hannah and nearly everyone else had told her how Charles had felt but she never really believed them. She looked from Charles to her father's grave as what he had just asked her sank in.

The thought of being so close to someone else who did the same thing as he father did scared her deeply. The thought of him walking out the door some day and never coming back completely terrified her. The fear she felt watching him get into his F1 car every weekend suddenly multiplied before she been answered the question.

"Yes. Of course I will." She said with a smile and Charles suddenly grinned from ear to ear. He leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

Whatever fear she had couldn't match the love she felt for the man sitting in front of her. Because if her mum had been scared like she was then she never would've been born. The happy times had to out weigh the bad. And the hope out weighed the fear.

—————

The newly formed couple spend the day together and decided not to tell anyone until the British Grand Prix this weekend that Charles's family would be attending.

Naturally they told Camille's mum as she was waiting anxiously on them to return after Charles told her what his plan was and she gave him the directions.

They had dinner that night with Sarah and talked about Camille's dad and what he was like when they were the same age as Camille and Charles were now.

They talked about Charles's father and Jules and how it felt to lose someone you loved to something they loved and felt so passionate about.

Sarah smiled as she watched the young couple sit eat and talk to one another. She could see her husband in her daughter and hear him in the way she spoke.

She silently prayed that her daughter would never have to go through what she went through and suffer a loss like that.

But deep down she knew her husband was smiling down on them, happy that Camille had found someone who made her feel happy and feel as special as she deserved to feel.

Everything was finally falling into place in Camille's life for the first time in 5 years since she had lost her dad. She never thought she attend another F1 race again and she did because she knew her father wouldn't want her to fall out of love with a sport they both loved so much and shared such a passion for.

She was excited to meet Charles's brother Lorenzo for the first time this weekend having only meet his mother and Arthur before during a race weekend.

She smiled as she looked at the man sitting next to her talk to her mother. She watched them converse and felt a hand rest on her thigh giving it a comforting squeeze.

She placed her hand on top of his and squeezed it in reply before letting them fall into her lap and joining in on the conversation her mother and brother were having.

—————

Okay so I officially have writer's block. I have no idea where to go with this story and suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks ☺️

-ky❤️