19

The French GP was coming to an end and the Ferrari pit wall knew if Charles was to try anything to get into second it had to be done now as he was running out of time.

This was the first time Camille had ever been present at a race for one of Charles' podiums. This would be the third of his career since joining Ferrari. The first in Bahrain, a race she didn't attend, and the same in Canada.

He had called her immediately after the podium in Canada and she couldn't keep a smile of her face as he listened to him talk about the race and how they both wished she was there and now she was.

Unfortunately for Charles, third was as high up the podium as he would go but in the end it was still a podium. The Ferrari team made their way towards parc ferme as the drivers began their cool down lap.

The first to third stands were laid out and shortly after the drivers entered the area in the order of Lewis, Valtteri and Charles behind their respective marks before they were joined by the rest of the drivers as they finished their  cool down lap.

The drivers went to their respective teams to celebrate the victory. Charles made his way to the Ferrari team members as they congratulated him.

He turned away from his team and noticed a familiar brown haired girl standing off to the side with a smile on her face as she looked at the Ferrari driver.

Charles made his way across parc ferme towards her before quickly pulling her into a hug once he was close enough to grasp her. This was his third podium in 8 races with Ferrari and he couldn't be happier with the progress he was making. But what Pierre said the other night had stuck with him about who he wanted their for his first win and that was the girl he was hugging now.

"Congratulations." Camille replied as she was placed down on the ground after being lifted in the air during their hug due to the fact Charles was taller than she is.

"Thank you." Charles replied with his hands still around her waist and he had no intention of letting go.

"You better go." Camille nodded her head towards the tables were Lewis and Valtteri were stood removing their helmets to get ready for the podium.

"I'll see you after. Wait for me?" Charles wondered after looking over to the two Mercedes drivers and back to the girl in front of him

"Always." Camille told him. She placed a kiss on her finger tips and tapped the side of his helmet before he disappeared to remove his helmet before the podium ceremony.

She watched as he ascended the stairs to the podium accompanied by the two Mercedes' drivers with a huge smile across his a face.

Camille joined in with the cheering as the three drivers were presented with their trophies for today's race. The Ferrari team cheered loudly as their driver hoisted the trophy in the air while Camille clapped for him with a smile across her face.

The ceremony ended and Charles, along with Valtteri and Lewis, returned to parc ferme where their teams, family and friends were located.

Charles' family had been unable to make the trip to the race having gone to Canada and not being able to get another weekend off work so close together which left him returning straight back to Camille.

Charles held out his trophy towards her as he posed causing her to laugh before pulling her into a another hug.

"You're an idiot." Camille spoke as she was lifted in the air again slightly.

"An idiot with an F1 podium." Charles replied as they pulled away and he held up his bronze coloured trophy.

"That you are." Camille smiled over at him with her hands resting on the side of his waist.

"I have to go to a team debriefing, but you can wait in my driver's room if you want?" Charles wondered with a hopeful smile on his face:

"Of course. You go, I'll see you after." Camille told him. He smiled in reply before leaning down and placing a kiss on her cheek, he then left and disappeared towards his team before he regretted his decision.

A kiss on the cheek was the only thing he could do without making things awkward between the pair especially when he had to leave straight after.

Camille was shocked as she watched the Ferrari driver walk away from her. The tingling feeling on cheek where it had happened caused her to smile as she realised he had just kissed her.

She pulled herself together and made her away out of parc ferme and towards the Ferrari motor home to wait for Charles to finish the post race debriefing.